FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is seeking a Youth Development Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Indonesia Inclusive Workforce Development Partnerships Initiative. This program will support USAID’s Inclusive Workforce Development Project in Indonesia by supporting partnerships, providing technical assistance, and building capacity in organizations to deliver successful workforce development models with an emphasis on supporting the poor and vulnerable.
The Youth Development Specialist is responsible for supporting implementation and best practices in capacity building within partner organizations in the areas of youth development and gender. S/he will lead identification of models and approaches that enable positive youth development and gender equity principles to be integrated throughout the Program. S/he will advise, create and, if need be, facilitate training programs and tools to enhance knowledge and performance of partners to enable them to achieve impact with youth, especially young women. Ideally, this person has served in the capacity of a youth development advisor for other youth development programs and youth education and workforce programs in Indonesia. S/he should have extensive experience providing direct services to young people, ideally including employability and/or employment outcomes.
• A Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field. An advanced degree is preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience in advisory, capacity building roles, including international development, ideally in education and youth development programs.
• Experience with direct service provision to youth.
• Strong understanding of the principles of positive youth development.
• Experience designing and implementing programming focused towards young women.
• 5+ years of experience in capacity building
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time sensitive and creative manner.
• Strong team player, with demonstrated ability to positively motivate team members to success.
• Demonstrated understanding of and passion for youth economic empowerment and improvement of livelihoods. Deep appreciation for youth energy, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Fluent in written and spoken Indonesian, English fluency strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.