Location: Lombok Barat district and Kota Mataram, NTB Province, Indonesia
Application Deadline: 12 May 2016
Consultant Languages Required: Bahasa Indonesia
Duration of Initial Contract: 5 months
Islamic Relief have been implementing a Disaster Risk Reduction project in Religious Placessince 2014. The project serves as a means to mitigate the negative impacts of disaster that might strike Lombok. Towards this end, the project is aim to work with religious places, religious leaders, schools, and communities in Kota Mataram and Lombok Barat district. The project name is Role of Religious Places (RORP) and have three main proposed interventions as follows:
1. Improve knowledge and skill of disaster management teams through serial capacity building trainings in disaster management and medical as well as disaster simulation/drill.
2. Increase community awareness in disaster risk reduction and inter religious through awareness/campaign session, and inter religious forum
3. Improve capacity and reduce vulnerability through structural and non-structural mitigation
With this background, IR seeks an innovative, motivate, dynamic and experienced consultant for the impelmentation to delivery of project activities against the project objective.
Interested consultants are advised to carefully study all the sections of this ToR and ensure that they meet the general requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities Consultants will provide an assessment and baseline study to clients (Pesantren and partners as needed).
The range of deliverable for the consultant may include:
· Training of Trainers of Disaster Management Team members that consist training topic such as:
1. Understanding disaster risk reduction.
2. The process of Identifying, assessing and monitoring disaster risks and enhancing early warning.
3. Disaster Preparedness, Early Warning and mitigation.
4. Community participation and Role of Religious Places.
5. Know your “Evacuation Route” and “Meeting Point”.
6. First AID and Mental Health Training.
7. Code of conduct in disaster response
· Expand Training on Disaster Preparedness to all communities in Coastal Area in 4 villages by DMT members
· Develop Lombok Barat Disaster Preparedness Plan Adopting RoRP Model
· Facilitated Interfaith Forum Meeting
· Develop Case Studies and Communication Materials
Expected Consultancy Output
1. Trainings are conducted.
2. Lombok Barat Disaster Preparedness Action Plan developed.
3. Interfaith Forum conducted.
4. Case studies developed.
5. Detail Report on Implementation and Evaluation of RORP PROJECT.
· Demonstrates highly skilled and experience in DRR issues and Community Development;
· Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
· Ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations with partners;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, and the ability to cope with situations that may pose conflict;
· Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
· Ability to accommodate additional demands on short notice;
· At least three years of proven working experience relevant to DRR and Community Development;
· Experience in conducting research or study around DRR/Emergency Response is an asset.
Languages: Bahasa Indonesia.
Evaluation of Applicants: Applicants will be screened against qualifications and the competencies.
Contracting Arrangements: Successful candidates will be hired as consultant for 5 months.
The financial proposal (monthly in Rupiah) provided by the consultant is tentative and will be subject to negotiations. An agreement contract will be issued to the consultant, detailing the timeframe and deadlines.
Payments: Payment will be made upon confirmation that the agreed upon services have been satisfactorily performed, as specified in the contract with Islamic Relief Indonesia.
Application procedures: Qualified candidates are requested to apply online email@example.com.
id with subject RORP Project, by the latest 12th of May 2016
The application should contain:
· Updated CVs
· Sample of previous work
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure that you have provided all requested information.