UN Women Indonesia
6 Months (expected to start from 18 July 2016)
Communications Officer, UN Women Indonesia.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Communications work on the implementation of the UN Women corporate communications strategy, as well as in design, management and implementation of the Country communications and publication strategies, which are geared towards awareness raising of gender equality and the empowerment of women, and promote public and media outreach, to include campaigns.
Under the overal responsibility of UN Women Indonesia Officer-in-Charge and a direct supervision of the Communication Officer, the intern will be expected to provide support to the communication functions of UN Women.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in communications and gender equality issues. The intern will carry out the following tasks:
1. Assist in conducting of any campaigns and events the UN Women communications undertake, including documenting the events.
2. Assist with the preparation and production of communication materials, including posters, brochures, and publications.
3. Update UN Women campaign social media with relevant materials.
4. Assist in writing press releases and features articles related to activities and events.
5. Assist in media outreach, media inquiries and media monitoring.
6. Assist in the coordination of outreach activities.
7. Assist in planning and implementing new initiatives
8. Assist the communication officer with any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
III. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND DUTY STATION
The internship is expected to begin in July 2016 and be available for 6 months. Participating interns are required to work full time and will work at UN Women office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
IV. DEGREE OF EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A candidate with relevant extensive experiences is encouraged to submit expression of interest. The following is qualifications and competencies required:
• Final year of undergraduate (Bachelor) or current enrolment in Master Degree or Master’s no more than one year from the internship start date in a relevant field communication/ media studies, journalism, public relations, advertising, international relations or social sciences.
• Relevant working or organizational experience in the field of communications, public relations or event management, preferable.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Have a strong understanding of social media.
• Show a genuine desire to learn, adapt and shows initiatives.
• Have a good inter-personal skills and be keen team-player.
V. FINANCIAL ASPECTS
UN Women does not remunerate interns in any way. Costs and arrangements for living expenses, travel, accommodation, and medical coverage are the responsibility of the interns. Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel arrangements to and from the work location. Interns do not receive salary or emoluments from UN Women.
If interested, please send CV and a short paragraph on your motivation in english via email to email@example.com.