Founded in 1985, Cowater International Inc. has built a global reputation for excellence in the world of management consulting in international development. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with experience in more than 65 countries, Cowater has established itself as Canada's leading management consulting firm in international development.
Cowater is currently recruiting Environment Expert for an upcoming project. Candidates must be fluent in English. The successful candidate will work out of the project office in Jakarta, Indonesia part-time over a term of 7 years.
This posting is best suited for individuals already based in Southeast Asia.
The project is responsible for the identification and deployment of technical assistance to respond to requests from partner developing countries in the Asia Pacific region. This technical assistance will contribute to reducing poverty in Asia Pacific developing countries through support to the enabling environment for pro-poor trade and investment-related economic activities. The Environment Expert will:
· Develop the project’s environmental management plan;
· Work to integrate environmental issues into all project interventions as well as conduct on-going assessments of environmental issues/impacts related to project activities;
· Report on environmental related project activities; and
· Produce technical papers/briefs on integrating environmental considerations into technical assistance with a lens on trade and investment.
· Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, or related field
· Minimum of 5 years of experience
o analyzing and providing advice on the environmental aspect of policies and / or institutions;
o Conducting research on environmental issues;
o building the capacity of environment related ministries, organizations and the private sector to be environmentally responsible; and
o promoting sustainable natural resources management in developing countries.
· Experience working on international development projects
All applications are to be submitted through our job-board http://www.cowater.com/job-
listings/ by searching for the “Environment Expert” posting,
or, directly, at https://cowater.acquiretm.com/ job_details_clean.aspx?ID= 1188&iframe=1.
The Closing date for applicants is July 5, 2016. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon
as possible. Applications will be assessed as they are received.