Are you interested in fundraising whilst being in Southeast Asia close to the projects implemented? Do you enjoy writing proposals for exciting projects and building relationships with donors? Then join us!
You will be joining the multi-disciplinary team of Friends-International (FI) comprised of over 600 professionals committed to creating innovative social services for youth, children and families worldwide.
What will you do?
As a Grants Writer, you will secure funding mainly from multilateral donor agencies, trusts and foundations, government agencies and embassies, as well as corporates and private donors. This includes coordinating with program teams and partners across Southeast Asia to prepare grant proposals and strengthen relationships with donors.
Your responsibilities as a GRANTS WRITER will include the following:
· Conducting in-depth prospect research to identify prospective major donors with specific interest in FI’s work
· Regularly scanning calls for proposals and grant opportunities and matching them to FI’s projects
· Working with program and finance teams to design and develop proposals and prepare funding submissions
· Ensuring proposals are in compliance with donor guidelines, format rules, regulations and priorities
· Building and maintaining relationships with donors and coordinating project visits
· Contributing to the design of fundraising strategies for FI programs
· Coordinating with partners worldwide to develop joint proposals
· You have passion for ensuring highest quality services for marginalized children & youth, their families and their communities
· You have degree-level education, or a minimum of three-years working experience in fundraising targeting institutional donors
· You are a dynamic team player who enjoys collaborating with different teams and partners
· You can develop high-quality proposals and you have proven track records of successfully attained grants
· You are fluent in written and spoken English, French is a benefit
· You have excellent writing skills and the ability to tailor writing according to the style of individual donors
· You have excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
· You enjoy working and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
This is a full time position based in Phnom Penh with occasional travel in the region to visit projects.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
What do we do?
Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
We drive an innovative network of government and non-government organizations working together to solve the problems children and youth face worldwide. The objective is to significantly improve the quality and impact of services to marginalized urban children and youth and related groups through an effective network of internationally recognized organizations. We have developed a holistic social integration cycle that is based on individual and community needs to achieve best practice methods directly or in collaboration with partners.
Join us by:
Submitting a cover letter with a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the caption subject: Grants Writer.
Friends-International is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Friends-International’s Child Protection Policy.
Please submit your application before 3rd August, 2016.