Millennium Challenge Account - Indonesia (MCA-Indonesia) is a trustee institution that represents the Government of Indonesia to implement a five-year (2013-2018) Millennium Challenge Corporation's Compact Program, a major pillar of the United States-Indonesia Comprehensive Partnership and the largest single pledge made by the United States to Indonesia to date.
MCA-Indonesia has three projects under Compact Program: Green Prosperity, Community-based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting and Procurement Modernization. Our projects are designed, managed and implemented by Indonesians, for the Indonesian people. Our most important development work happens where it should be: the districts and the villages. Our goal is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our program is country-driven, reform-centered, and results-focused in order to maximize its effectiveness and long-term sustainability.
To reach the goal, MCA-Indonesia is seeking highly dynamic and deliverable-oriented professionals for a better Indonesia :
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Legal Director will act as General Counsel to ensure
compliance of MCA-Indonesia activities with:1. The obligations of MCA-Indonesia contained in the Compact or otherwise delegated to MCA Indonesia by the Government,
2. All supplemental agreements entered into under or in furtherance of the Compact (“Supplemental Agreements”),
3. Applicable Indonesian laws and regulations, and
4. any other applicable laws, regulations and agreements
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Advise the Board of Trustees (Majelis Wali Amanat) and the Management Unit (Unit Pelaksana
Program) on legal issues and address legal issues as they arise; this may include preparing and submitting reports on a periodic basis to the Board/Management Unit that identify any problems encountered in MCA-Indonesia compliance and that recommend solutions.
· Oversee the Associate Legal Director who acts as the primary assistant to the Secretary of the Board of Trustees whose tasks include developing and implementing procedures for the meetings of the Board and ensuring that Board meetings comply with the requirements of the Compact, the relevant Supplemental Agreements and the relevant governing documents, including preparing minutes of Board meetings.
· Participate in negotiations, and prepare and advise on all types of contracts to be executed by
· MCA-Indonesia for the implementation of the Compact.
Find us here for more details:
This message is intended only for recipients who are authorized to receive it. It contains confidential and/ or legally privileged information that belongs to the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (“MCA-Indonesia”); therefore, the authorized recipients shall protect this confidential information disclosed pursuant to provisions of MCA-Indonesia's policy. If you are not a valid recipient of this message, please delete it from your system and/ or destroy all of the tangible material produced from the information herein together with all copies or reproductions thereof and notify the sender immediately. Please also be notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action based on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.