CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
JOB TITLE : PROJECT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROGRAM/ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO : EED MANAGER/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The Project Manager position is the management of Economic Development project based in Makassar, South Sulawesi. The jobholder has the main responsibility of ensuring that the programme achieves its targets, maintains, as much as possible, high quality standards of delivery and adheres to CARE programming principles and approaches to economic development.
He/She will manage the Economic Development site field including the technical project officers, and admin/finance staff. He/She will relate to the four main component program; training, coaching and mentoring, and promotion with purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring uniform approaches to the promotion of community development, especially in terms of community planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
(i) Staff and Budget Management
• Daily manage on the implementation and integration on Economic Development project;
• Ensure staffing set-up meets programme requirements and initiate all HR measures and recruitment, when necessary, for this purpose;
• Guide the Team in implementation of village activity plan and preparation of activity TOR and budget;
• Provide technical training or organize training courses for the staff and Economic Development association as required;
• Take the lead in performance assessment of the staff, and recommend improvements or dismissal as required according to CARE HR policies.
(ii) Capacity building of staff and beneficiary communities
• Support the PO to identify and design training, mentoring and coaching activities;
• Organize and conduct training courses either as a trainer, facilitator or resource person; and coaching and mentoring;
• Monitor the effectiveness of training, coaching and mentoring approaches and its impact on staff and beneficiaries and take corrective measures when necessary;
• Provide on the job leadership and guidance to field staff.
(iii) Programme Development
• Support the the EED Manager to organize strategic planning events for Economic development;
• Support the EED Manager in programme design; review and preparation of all technical elements of the Economic development component of the Programme;
• Develop TORs for and identify consultants/local partner; manage consultants/local partner, especially in capacity building and new program development;
• Collection and/or development of technical guidelines.
(iv) Programme Implementation
• Implement and review the Economic Development log frame and work plan to approval budgets;
• Assist field staff in programme implementation, providing technical guidance; agree on or amend weekly and monthly work plans and trouble shoot during implementation when required;
• Specifically and in relation to Economic Development project implementation, ensure that:
(i) Staffs are adequately equipped to provide for effective facilitation and mentoring services to communities in terms of business development;
(ii) Discussion and planning processes are leading to market-based choices in terms of entrepreneurship development;
(iii) The staff maintains an empowering relationship with local partner and Economic Development communities;
(iv) Accountability of the staff towards the communities is according to CARE principles and commitments;
(v) Conflict resolution mechanisms between staff and other stakeholders at community level or within communities are effective.
(v) Progress Reporting
• Ensure progress is reported weekly, monthly and quarterly according to agreed deadlines and donors’ requirements; ensure recommendations for improvement are followed up and implemented;
(vi) Monitoring and evaluating technical program quality
• Provide input in the develop of M and E systems that effectively capture business development, business resiliencies, revolving fund, gender component, and including reduction in poverty and vulnerability to pre-identified risks;
• Assist in refining tools to measure qualitative and quantitative indicators.
(vii) Liaise with CARE Indonesia Livelihoods Coordinator for the purpose of:
• identifying opportunities for economic development program and fundraising;
• sharing the CARE South Sulawesi economic development’s experience with livelihoods activities;
• presenting the CARE approach on entrepreneurship development;
• Participating in CI meetings on economic development;
• Ensuring technical oversight and quality monitoring of the economic development program.
(viii) Mainstreaming of cross-cutting elements, issues, processes including gender, financial inclusion and resiliencies.
• Project Officer (1)
• General Admin and Finance Support Officer (1)
1) Education : Advanced degree in economics, social or physical sciences or development studies.
2) Experience :
At least five years of work experience in programme design and management for economic development, including research, programming & implementation of entrepreneurship and business development, revolving fung and financial inclusion, and coordination at provincial and field level – preferably with International NGOs, International Agencies or Development Cooperation Agencies in the Asia region;
3) Specific technical skills :
• Excellent understanding of Community Development and Gender issues;
• Excellent oral and written English language skills. Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time and support other colleagues in achieving common goals in a highly pressured environment. Ability to work flexibly and to provide practical support at the operational level;
• Proven skills to work in a team, specific experience of mentoring colleagues, and ability to communicate in a multi-cultural environment;
• Computer skills in common office programs (Word, Excel Power-Point, etc) and, possibly, good knowledge of relational databases at user level.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before July 25, 2016 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
firstname.lastname@example.org"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"