“Sustainable Energy Transition”
The post holder will support the implementation of projects under energy cluster that IESR is undertaking, with international partners in Indonesia. The project includes crowd source data gathering and analysis, policy research/analysis on sustainable energy and energy access, and engaging with policy makers, and NGOs.
· Work as requested with international project partners
· Work as requested with external actors (e.g. NGO partners in Indonesia) and Indonesia policy makers
· Willingness to travel within Indonesia. This would be agreed in advance with the line manager and partners
The post holder will be line managed by the Program Manager of Sustainable Energy Transition.
· Project implementation. The post holder will assist and support the implementation of activities for each project under the portfolio of Sustainable Energy Transition program.
· Research and analysis. The post holder will conduct data gathering, collection, analysis, visit project sites, and writing report/paper
· Activities implementation: The post-holder will be responsible for managing specific activities under the supervision of Project/Program Manager
· Coordination, communication and reporting: The post-holder will ensure there is regular coordination and communication with program manager and other team/unit in IESR, as well as with external partners collaborating on delivering project activities. He/she shall contribute to reporting products of the project, and overall management report. He/she also shal contribute to write IESR’s blog and website, and other means for public outreach and communication.
· External representation: As required, the post-holder will represent IESR in meetings with external stakeholders, including government, NGOs, private sector and international development partners.
· An Indonesia native, educated to Bachelor Degree level with minimum 4 years’ work experience in a relevant field or educated to Master’s Degree level, with minimum 2 years’ work experience.
· Demonstrable experience in conducting research and analysis, including data gathering, data-base development, define and implement appropriate research methodology.
· Possess a skill to write high quality paper/report.
· Experience of communicating and networking with external stakeholders, including government, business, research institutes, NGOs and media.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable ability to work as part of a team, including with external partners, and distance working.
· Excellent English skills, used to working in English and excellent writing skill in English.
· Excellent with MS Office and other project management tool.
· Available to work started in early August 2016.
· Experience of working on energy, and energy access issues in particular (policy, research, project development etc.), and climate change strongly preferred. Knowledge on other issues, such as transport and cities has advantage.
· Able to work independently, including conduct independent research, flexible with working arrangement.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and skills
Location (base): Jakarta, Indonesia.
Length of contract: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for a another 1 year
Reports to: Program Manager Sustainable Energy/ Executive Director, IESR
Please send an application letter and latest curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, before 24 July 2016. In your application letter, please include evidence of relevant experiences which you possess, matched against the list of essential competencies. Only successful candidate will be contacted for further
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is a non-governmental, public interest research and advocacy organization based in Jakarta, Indonesia. IESR focus on three areas: sustainable energy, climate change and extractive industry. One of the focus issues is access to sustainable energy which IESR researches and advocates to access to sustainable energy, particularly for the poor, through innovative approaches, policy and regulatory support framework, and innovative finances.