Yayasan Rumah Energi (YRE) is a growing organization, leading renewable energy-domestic biogas sector promotion in Indonesia. YRE is implementing HIVOS program the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP) since the last three years and continue with MCA- I fund Gathering and Dissemination of Information and Green Knowledge for a Sustainable Integrated Farming Workforce in Indonesia (GADING) Project also Investment in Renewable Energi for Rural, Remote Communities (TERANG) project, started in 2015 and 2016.
The organization aim is to contribute in promoting Resilient Society in Food and Energy by Engaging People towards Shared Renewable Energy Knowledge and Innovation. Currently more than 60 local partners are working together with the organization, to build domestic biogas sectors and built communities trust on renewable energy.
Adhere with the organization aim and mission, Yayasan Rumah Energi is now looking for a dynamic, passionate person aligned with the organization values , to fill the following positions:
ORGANIC FARMING OFFICER for Luwu, South Sulawesi (OFO SSL)
Roles and responsibilities
1. Engage with biogas users and create interest in developing bioslurry and organic farming related small business;
2. Work within the BIRU (Biogas Rumah) teams to optimize the use of bioslurry by biogas owners;
3. Work closely with the local education partner and other stakeholders in reaching the project outputs;
4. Ensure that project outputs and activities are systematically addressed in a timely and professional manner;
5. Liaise intensively with relevant stakeholders to ensure involvement in support of reaching project outputs;
6. Facilitate project team members, partners and other relevant stakeholders in undertaking project tasks, including data collection activities and visits;
7. Undertake efforts to sustain a creative and inclusive learning environment;
8. Play a role in and facilitate community level engagement and applied research activities and assist in maintaining a knowledge database;
9. Provide guidance and advice to project beneficiaries;
10. Undertake regular planning and reporting and attend meetings as required under the project.
11. Write human interest stories and produce pictures which can be used for communication purposes.
1. At least bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, preferably with agriculture and/or environmental management or engineering background;
2. At least 4 years of experience in development work or related field, with exposure to community development work;
3. Willing to be placed in one of the four project offices (preferred location(s) to be mentioned);
4. Work experience in an international environment is preferred;
5. Good command of English language;
6. Able to cooperate and communicate well with peers and stakeholders.
Applicants should send their application and CV (including three references) in pdf file to: email@example.com with position code as email subject. Applications are requested by July 29, 2016 at the latest; thereafter the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information please see www.rumahenergi.org, and www.biru.or.id