Government /School Liaison Officer
YLAI is an established NGO for informal education that works in the field of Indonesian literacy education for young children. It develops reading materials and resources in the Indonesian language, as well as provides literacy training programs as a resource for implementation in local kindergarten and primary schools. To date its programs are reaching 12,000 schools across 7 provinces
The Government liaison officer is responsible in overall communication with government and schools in terms providing reading program and book distribution across provinces. The position will also play an important role in achieving target of book distribution and training programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Server at the focal point for all communications activities for the project including proactive approach schools and local government ( Bupati, Bappeda, Office of Education, Office of Religious affairs, DPRD, Dewan Pendidikan).
· Coordinate with related party in all levels related with books demand.
· Close coordination with PIC from local government and schools regarding with payment system related books purchasing.
· Collecting data of potential buyer from schools in seven provinces.
· Maintaining good communication with all party related with book distribution include schools, government, BAPPEDA, Office of Religious affairs , Office of Education).
· Contribute to the preparation of the project work plans and reports as appropriate.
· Perform other related tasks and assignments as required by the project.
· Minimum Bachelor’s(S1) degree, in communication, educations, marketing or other relevant studies.
· A minimum 5 years of professional experience, including some years working with government and schools.
· At least a working knowledge and understanding of book marketing.
· Prior experience preferred working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials.
· Ability to travel regularly to project sites and Province or District offices throughout Indonesia.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and Indonesian.
· Ready to be place in in Sentul City- Bogor
Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with “Government/Schools Liaison Officer ” in the subject line, (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to email@example.com. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.Deadline to submit application is Sunday, August 3, 2016. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.