KOMPAK (Governance for Growth) is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s own efforts to improve the social and economic conditions of its citizens; it is aimed at economic expansion and poverty reduction in Indonesia. Abt Associates is supporting frontline services—including health and education—while identifying governance constraints. The work accompanies the implementation of Village Law, new national rules that empower local communities and increase the direct flow of money to village governments and services. KOMPAK seeks to strengthen the capacity of all levels of government to improve services, respond to citizen needs and contribute to stable prosperity.
With an estimated start in September 2016, this role reports directly to Director Strategy, Performance and Innovation, and is responsible for the overall development and implementation of the KOMPAK communication strategy, including managing the communication section. This position will work cooperatively with other senior management members, and other KOMPAK sections to promote the purpose and successes of KOMPAK to stakeholders using a variety of media.
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:Specific Duties and responsibilities
o Conduct research on MSS Levelling Indicators in Public Works Sector
o Conduct research on MSS costing Indicators in Public Works Sector which include:
§ Identify and engage key sectoral relevant stakeholders at the Ministry level who work on MSS-Public Works policy
§ Provide substantive inputs and feedbacks into the research
§ Complete final report of MSS Levelling and Costing Indicators in Public Works
o Develop Policy Briefs related to MSS-Public Works in the current context of Indonesia decentralization environment
o Knowledge sharing on the result of the review to GoI, DFAT, and relevant stakeholders;
o Provide strategic inputs into MSS-Public Works implementation
o Undertake other duties as reasonably directed by Project Lead.
For your application to be considered by the panel, interested applicants must submit a response to each of the following Key Selection Criteria:
· Hold at least Master degree (Tertiary Degree/Post graduate) in the field of public policy or planning, development management or related field
· Have at least 5 years experiences in relevant subject;
· Have an experience working with government institution;
· Have knowledge on local development concept, decentralization and autonomy, as well as local development planning;
· Committed to the achievement of KOMPAK goal, vision and mission;
· Demonstrated adaptation ability to the culture, religion, race, nationality and gender;
· Excellent interpersonal skills as well as proficiency in analysis and presentation;
· Ability to make good communication and relation, internally in the team as well as externally;
· Have a proficiency both in verbal and written English;
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to develop good drafts of reports and analysis in a clear, concise and convincing manner
For Further Information and Application Details
For more details, please refer to the link below. Applications should be made online via our dedicated careers website and include a current CV. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and provided with detailed position descriptions and interview details. Shortlisted applicants may also be asked to undertake a work-simulation exercise or other skills test as part of the selection process. We welcome and thank all applicants but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline to submit your application is Monday, 29 August 2016 (5pm AEST)
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognized leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long-term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record.
Please send your application through our website:http://jtai.turborecruit.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We encourage applicants from experienced and capable women, and people with disabilities.
Regards,KOMPAK HR Team