The ASEAN German Energy Programme (AGEP) is commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in close cooperation with the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE). Overall it aims at improving regional coordination for the promotion of Renewable Energy (RE) and Energy Efficiency and Conservation (EE&C). Specifically, it aims to improve framework conditions of regional approaches for RE and EE&C; and regional technical exchange on RE and EE&C between relevant institutions / actors.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Advisor on Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Prepare, implement and follow up EE&C project activities in coordination with the GIZ Principal Advisor and counterpart ASEAN Centre for Energy
- Provide policy and technical advice on EE&C to counterpart ASEAN Centre for Energy,
- Develop, and advise energy consumption reduction policies and strategies to policy makers, industries/ businesses as appropriate
- Develop and promote EE&C awareness and schemes via events such as presentations, focus group discussions, workshops and conservation projects
- Facilitate EE&C training
- Communicate with partners and relevant actors in ASEAN Member States as well as with other regional and international development cooperation partners;
- Liaise with contractors, local organizations, council services and EE&C voluntary/community groups
- Maintain close cooperation and synergies with other GIZ Projects in the region;
- Attend regional meetings and events
- Evaluate specifications, estimates, feasibility studies, tender documents and work schedules
- Analyze data, collate information, and write reports
- Keep updated with changes in EE&C legislation and initiatives, regional and worldwide
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
- Project Implementation
- Prepare and implement EE&C workplan and project activities in coordination with Principal Advisor
- Assist Principal Advisor to develop strategies and technical concepts, including concept note, guidelines, procedures, including ToR for technical consultants;
- Coordinate project activities in consultation with the Principal Advisor, both with regards to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Design, prepare and implement workshops, trainings, study trips and other events on subjects that are related to EE&C programme;
- Design, prepare and implement focus group discussions, on EE&C in coordination with counterpart and other relevant partners;
- Provide technical and policy advices to ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE) related to EE&C in cooperative and professional manner;
- Provide support to ACE to identify and assesses existing energy efficiency development within 10 ASEAN Member State, best practices and other related measures to promote EE&C.
2. Network and cooperation
- Maintain and develop contacts to ACE and other relevant government counterparts in the ASEAN member states;
- Maintain and develop contacts and foster dialogue with stakeholders such as private industry, utility companies, NGOs, other government institutions, and relevant stakeholders in the ASEAN region
- Actively develops the synergies with other GIZ programs whose activities are related to energy efficiency and renewable energy;
- Support communication with other international programmes whose activities are related to energy efficiency and conservation;
3. Knowledge management
- Comprehensive knowledge on EE&C policy and regulation, supply and demand side management, distributed generation and energy system optimization, energy manager training and accreditation system, EE&C Finance Mechanism, ESCO and energy management ISO 50001.
- Stay abreast of developments in global, regional (ASEAN) and national (ASEAN member states) approaches for EE&C;
- Prepare input for
presentations used in the project, including annual reports, and contribute to other reports as required by the GIZ Principal Advisor;
- Prepare relevant training modules for enhancing the skills of various stakeholders in the field of effective and sustainable renewable energy applications in the ASEAN region;
- Assist with regular reporting to the project partners;
- Keep updated the internal monitoring system with regards to the assigned tasks/activities.
4. Other duties / additional tasks;
- Subject to discussions with the GIZ Principal Advisor, additional tasks and other duties may be allocated to the Advisor.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
· Master degree (or equivalent) in energy engineering, electrical engineering,, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, or relevant fields. Knowledge of Energy Management System will be an added advantage;
· Good understanding of macroeconomic aspects of energy as well as technical aspects of energy efficiency;
· At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position in the sector. Have working experience with GIZ is an advantage.
· Working experience with a relevant stakeholder of EE&C at national or regional level in ASEAN (utilities, energy agencies, local authorities, and/or energy services companies (ESCOs), and energy related development organizations).
· Experience in conducting working group, workshop and training activities in the EE&C sector;
· Experience in cooperating with private sector (international and Indonesian) and other relevant state entities and important service and technology providers in the private energy sector;
Other knowledge, additional competences
· Very good knowledge of English, including writing capabilities; knowledge of German is an asset
· Experience in initiating and steering international stakeholder dialogue and networks;
· Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
· Willingness to travel frequently on official business.
Duty Station: Rasuna Said - Jakarta
Expected Joining Date: a.s.a.p
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must) in English, addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 22 August 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: AGEP – Advisor EE&C
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]