IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative helps to accelerate and upscale sustainability within mainstream international commodity markets, driving sustainability from niche to norm. We build ambitious public private coalitions of companies, civil society organizations and governments and high-impact programs in order to benefit people, planet and profit. With co-funding from the Dutch, Swiss, Danish and Norwegian Governments, and from business partners, IDH organizes scoping, development and implementation of public private partnerships in 11 sectors such as coffee, tea, aquaculture, apparel. IDH is a dynamic organization of 60 staff members based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, with hubs in Asia and Africa. In the last year IDH has expanded its activities and now runs around 600 projects in 50 countries, together with a wide range of private and public partners.
Starting operating in Indonesia in 2012, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and NGOs working on cocoa, coffee, palm oil, pulp and paper, tin and landscape projects, while new programs are in development. In the last few years IDH Indonesia has scaled up and launched several commodity sector programs. IDH is a young and growing organization, moving from its pioneering phase to a more consolidating, but still dynamic phase. The staff consists of professionals with a result-oriented focus.
To support these developments IDH Indonesia is seeking a
Head of Operations Indonesia
(based in Jakarta)
General Job Description
The senior Head of Operations will be responsible for making sure the IDH Indonesia office operates effective and efficient with focus on delivering public good in an agile and business-like manner. You are a strong coordinator and planner. We are looking for a result oriented team player, who is able to streamline processes without losing agility and with a practical hands-on mentality. You keep an helicopter view, but do not mind diving into the details when required. The Head of Operations ensures an effective and efficient management of our project portfolio and project pipelines. Further, you are responsible for the financial management and annual audit of the IDH office. You will lead a small professional team, working closely with Director of Finance and Director Operations at IDH HQ and report to the IDH Indonesia Country Director and Board Members, acting also as the deputy of the Country Director.
This role has seven key areas:
1. Translating the IDH Annual Plan into an Indonesia specific planning and overseeing delivery, trough senior pipeline management
2. Accountability for the daily operation of the organization, including facility management
3. Responsible solid internal and external communication (together with Head of Communication in HQ)
4. Responsibility for the implementation of policies for human resources, including recruitment, induction and performance management across the organization.
5. Accountability for the financial management of the company, including all accounting and reporting.
6. Responsibility for all formal arrangements of the Yayasan. Key contact of IDH HQ on donor relations.
7. Act as back-up, sparring partner and deputy of the Indonesia Country Director
Core Job Functions
1. Planning and pipeline management
· Provide input into the IDH Annual Plan and translating this into an IDH specific planning which is used in the daily operation of the office
· Accountability to ensure that there is support for each Director and Manager to understand and analyze their financial variances to the targets, through solid pipeline management on both contracting and spending.
· Ensures that IDH HQ PME processes are in place across all the organization’s programs, provide senior support the program teams if required.
2. Daily operational processes and procedures
· Ensures that operational processes and procedures of the organization and its programs support the overall strategy and plan.
· Take care of a professional working environment: Make sure the office is well-run and well maintained (housing, ICT, etc)
· Monitor all internal and external communication in Indonesia office.
· Act as sparring partner to the Head of Communication in IDH HQ
4. Human Resources (HR)
· Together with HR department at HQ, responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of HR Policy that matches IDH HR strategy and plans.
· Responsibility for the ability, motivation and permission that drives the performance of all colleagues. This includes building their confidence, influencing their behaviour and delivering consistency in recruitment
· Thinks ahead and assures that the future capacity, knowledge and characteristics of the IDH team match the organization's strategic objectives.
· Responsibility for the implementation and performance management of IDH team, including personal learning and development.
5. Finance and Control
· Accountability for a well-functioning financial management information system on IDH Indonesia office.
· Lead the IDH Indonesia audit
· Design agile but solid internal financial procedures
· Provide insights and act as sparring partner to the IDH HQ finance department which is accountable for the financial management of all implementing partner contracts
6. Legal set-up and donors
· Manage all activities related to the IDH Indonesia Yayasan in alignment with IDH HQ
· Manage the set-up of an Indonesian NGO
· Act as focal point for all donor relations for IDH HQ and local offices of existing donors.
- Based in Jakarta
- 8+ years of relevant management experience in a similar position; leading the office’s day-to-day operation with a focus on planning and delivery as well as sparring partner to the country director
- Senior experience in topics mentioned under ‘position overview’.
- Experience in collaborating with (senior) professionals
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, with a strong eye for detail.
- Strong process management skills, logical thinker, practical and hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills with heterogeneous internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead and motivate supporting staff
- Fluent spoken and written in English
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Character and capacity
- Effective leader
- Strategic and practical
- Initiates and inspires
- Entrepreneurial and resolute
- Structural with a helicopter view
- Trustworthy and solid personality
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. For more information about IDH, please visitwww.idhsustainabletrade.
com or send an e-mail to Bosgra@idhsustainabletrade.com . This
position is offered on a long term consultancy basis initially, but
with the possibility to develop into a permanent position. IDH offers
competitive remuneration. This position is based in Jakarta.
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest and capabilities for the position and your CV/resume to jobs@idhsustainabletrade.
com by August 21th 2016 and please put Head of Operations Indonesia application as your email’s subject.