CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
JOB TITLE : PROJECT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT : PROGRAM/ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO : ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (EED)
The Project Manager will oversee the implementation of a women’s economic empowerment project in Makassar, South Sulawesi.
The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring the project achieves its targets, maintains high quality standard of delivery, and adheres to CARE’s programming principles and approaches to economic development. Furthermore, s/he will ensure the effective implementation of the project’s four core components - training, coaching, mentoring, and promotion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
(i) Capacity building
• Support the Project Officer to identify and design training, mentoring and coaching activities;
• Organize and conduct training courses, coaching and mentoring activities either as a trainer, facilitator or resource person;
• Monitor the effectiveness of training, coaching and mentoring approaches and its impact on beneficiaries, and take corrective measures when necessary; and
• Provide on the job leadership and guidance to field staff and partners.
(ii) Program Development
• Support the Economic Empowerment Development (EED) Manager to organize strategic planning events for the project;
• Collect and/or develop relevant technical guidelines.
(iii) Progress Reporting
• Ensure progress is reported weekly, monthly and quarterly according to agreed deadlines and donors’ requirements; and
• Ensure recommendations for improvement are followed up and implemented.
(iv) Staff and Budget Management
• Manage the project budget;
• Ensure staffing set-up meets project requirements; and
• Take the lead in performance assessment of the staff, where required, and recommend improvements.
(v) Monitoring and evaluating technical program quality
• Provide input in the develop of Monitoring and Evaluation (M and E) systems for the project; and
• Assist in refining tools to measure qualitative and quantitative indicators in relation to the project.
1) Education: Degree in economics, social sciences, development studies or a related field.
2) Experience: At least five years’ work experience in a similar project management role, with a focus on community development and economic empowerment. Experience in coaching and mentoring entrepreneurs is an advantage, as well as experience in financial inclusion, women’s empowerment and other related fields. Experience working with International NGOs, International Agencies or Development Cooperation Agencies in the Asia region is required; experience in entrepreneurship will be viewed favorably.
3) Specific technical skills:
• Excellent understanding of community development and gender issues;
• Excellent oral and written English language skills. Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time and support other colleagues in achieving common goals in a highly pressured environment;
• Ability to work flexibly and to provide practical support at the operational level;
• Proven skills to work in a team, specific experience of mentoring colleagues, and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment;
• Computer skills in common office programs (Word, Excel Power-Point, etc)
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Relocation cost will not be covered. Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications latest on August 05, 2016 at 12:00 pm to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"