KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Technical Officer – Programmatic Management of Drug-Resistance Tuberculosis
(Temporary Maternity Cover)
Duty Station: Representative Office
The Technical Officer – PMDT (Programmatic Management of Drug-Resistance Tuberculosis) will provide technical assistance to the National TB Program to ensure the implementation of PMDT is in line with the national standards and achieves the targets. S/he will provide up to date technical guidance and contributes to continuous learning to within KNCV and coalition partners, ensures evaluation and documentation of interventions to collect and share lessons learnt, as well as maintaining KNCV standards of work throughout the organization, in her/his field of work.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Technical Assistance
- Provide technical assistance to NTP on policy development, planning and development of more supportive regulation for DR TB case finding, care and prevention, including providing technical assistance to NTP for initiating new approach in case finding and quality treatment and care.
- Provide technical assistance to NTP to ensure access to diagnosis and treatment of MDR-TB expanded.
- Provide technical support to ensure implementation of regular enhanced cohort review.
- Supervise and monitor the overall implementation of Challenge TB work plans related to PMDT in the CTB areas in close coordination with the respective Provincial Coordinator, CTB TO in province.
- Plan, maintain and ensure the effectiveness of the use of budget in coordination with the team leader.
- Identify problems, advise on necessary corrective actions, follow-up on these actions, and prepare brief visit reports on findings and recommendations.
- Draft, collect input and finalize: TOR’s, TAR’s, Payment Request, Purchase Request, Expense Report, Activity Report, respecting all requirements, within appropriate timeframe.
- Supervise or ensure effective filing of Project documentation according to CTB guideline.
- The TO gives the Provincial and district TO’s advice and technical approval of new activities and work plans if required.
- Provides input to KNCV country strategy in PMDT area.
- Initiates and facilitates internal (and external) discussions in PMDT area.
- Develops and maintain personal in-depth knowledge in PMDT.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Medical Doctor, preferably with relevant master degree from reputable university.
- Experience in TB Control/programme management for at least 2 years, preferably in Drug Resistant TB.
- Good communication skills, and team player.
- Coaching Skills for Provincial TO’s.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office.
- Good English skills, oral and written.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.
- As work requires field/hospital visit personal respiratory protection may apply.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
org by 26 August 2016 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.