Closing date: 5 August 2016
Established in 2009 in partnership with UCP Wheels for Humanity, UCP Roda Untuk Kemanusiaan (UCP/RUK) focuses on providing mobility and empowerment for people with disabilities. Our programs are developed with the intention of integrating the provision of assistive devices within government healthcare. In order to achieve this goal program activities include clinical capacity development, policy advocacy, empowerment programs, community awareness and concentrated collaboration with various levels of government.
UCP/RUK is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Bookkeeper to oversee bookkeeping, financial administration, and record keeping for the organization. The Bookkeeper is under the direction of the Finance Manager and participates as a key member of the Finance Unit.
Location: This position is based in Yogyakarta.
· The position supports UCP/RUK to maintain high standards of financial stewardship;
· The position assists the Finance Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records and adhering to the financial standards of UCP/RUK financial system to ensure accountability;
· Under the direction of the Finance Manager prepare budgets for programs, general operating, and administration;
· Manage bill payment;
· Manage the calculation and payment of staff salary;
· Assist the Finance Manger to find solutions to business and financial challenges;
· Prepare profit and loss statements;
· Analyze revenue and resolve accounting discrepancies.
· Maintain records of accounts as archives as per the RUK Document Retention Policy;
· Manage aspects of organization data bases;
· Monitor reports with accuracy and detail and submit monthly, quarterly and year-end reports in a timely fashion;
· Under the direction of the Finance Manager coordinate with the internal and external auditors during audits and prepare for financial audits as directed;
· Other duties as assigned.
· University qualification in Finance and/or Accounting;
· Knowledge of and work experience in accounting;
· Computer literacy;
· Professional proficiency in English – both spoken and written;
· Good interpersonal skills;
· Ability to function well in a team environment;
· Indonesian citizen.
· Knowledge of Zahir (or similar) accounting software;
· Master's degree (MBA) or equivalent;
· Work experience in a USAID-funded project.
Compensation / Benefits
Salary commiserate with experience. The package includes health insurance, standard holidays and leave time.
Further information on Roda Untuk Kemanusiaan is available at; https://www.facebook.com/
Apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Bookkeeper
Further information is available at;
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.