tanotofoundation.org) is a
not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for
facilitating and improving access to quality educationand to empowerment
opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation currently
runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from scholarship,
teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, to small
business development. Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for a Regional
Project Officer (based in Jambi).
Please find details for both positions below.
Regional Project Officer Jambi (School Improvement Program)
The Regional Project Officer (RPO) will be supporting the implementation and management of Pelita Pendidikan Program and Improvement Program of RGE Schools under overall guidance of Pelita Pendidikan Regional Project Manager and Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager.
Pelita Pendidikan is a multi-year school development program currently implemented in several provinces of Sumatra. This program has been implementing since 2010 and now entering 2015 of implementation periods. The RPO will provide overall supports of Pelita Pendidikan, RGE Schools and other Tanoto Foundation Program, including but not limited to, managing programs within responsible areas/sites, communication and coordination with BU/BG, Counterparts and Beneficiaries; Monitoring and Evaluation activities, and strengthening branding of Tanoto Foundation in the areas/sites.
Program Management and Implementation Support
1. Supporting and taking responsibilities for the on-going Pelita Pendidikan program implementation in their working areas/sites, including, but not limited to:
· Preparing and processing proposals from schools for Pelita Sekolah Ramah lingkungan, Pelita Sekolah Aman & Pelita Sekolah Sehat components,
· Taking a lead in processing agreements between the schools and Tanoto Foundation for all Pelita Pendidikan program components, to be submitted to Jakarta for approval and signatures,
· Coordinating, organizing and managing all training and other activities that are implemented within their operational sites.
· Mentoring the application of training knowledge and coordinating with the relevant Program Specialist for following up and/or managing the challenge
· Conducting regular monitoring and evaluation on the output and impact of training or other intervention under the Pelita Pendidikan Program for further analysis and decision making process
· Ensuring the program implementation, program reporting, program budgeting and program monitoring and evaluation is in line with the approved SOPs, checklists, action plans, and schedules.
· Liaising with other departments/stakeholders/
counterparts within the Tanoto Foundation especially
BU/BG staff, and with relevant service providers to ensure timely activities is
· Preparing work plan of activities within responsibilities sites according to the needs, and ensure all documentations for running the activities are well prepared according to the schedule.
2. Supporting the implementation and documents collection for application of Beasiswa Guru Pelita Pendidikan (Tanoto Teachers Scholarships), including but not limited in identifying scholarships candidates from intervened schools, collecting documents and ensuring the documents are in compliance with the requirements, checklists and other forms as needed.
3. Supporting the following activities:
· Identification and drafting Human Interest Stories and/or other inspiring stories to be submitted to Corporate Communication Department (for media communication purpose)
· Collecting baseline and needs assessment data for a new program initiative (daycare center/ 3Es in Asian Agri), Pelita Pendidikan and RGE Schools.
Supports to RGE Schools Initiatives
1. Supporting ongoing RGE Schools Initiatives in the field, in coordination with School Based Coordinator at Jakarta, which requires supports from field officer, including but not limited to:
· Liaising with RGE Schools located in the area where the RPO works, always involving RGE Schools Teachers in trainings and other activities of Pelita Pendidikan.
· In coordination with Regional Project Manager and Program Specialist, monitoring and identifying bottle neck, challenges and constraints of RGE Schools initiatives in the field, and discussing the findings with Program Manager and School Based Coordinator in Jakarta.
Documentation and Asset Management
1. Supporting the development of all documentation, including regular progress report, within Pelita Pendidikan Program, including, but not limited to:
· Technical and Narrative reports of Pelita Pendidikan Program at Provincial and District Level, that should be developed in a systematic filing and documentation system.
· Agreement and other legal documents, with Partners and counterparts in field.
· Any other documents as required to be filled and documented.
2. In coordination with FFAO in the field, and Pelita Pendidikan Staff (Jakarta and Field), actively reporting and updating condition of Pelita Pendidikan assets in possession at regular basis.
3. Documenting the impact of the program through the human interest story on the success and challenges faced by the beneficiaries (including presenting the pictures) and communicating the impact findings to Corporate Communication Unit
1. Perform other relevant duties as reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor or Management of Tanoto Foundation.
Duty Station and working condition:
The Regional Project Officer will be based in Tanoto Foundation North Sumatra Regional Office in Rantau Prapat, and within designates area/site, with frequent travel to other area/site as required.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree from reputable university, preferable majoring in education back ground, – a Post graduate would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in project management, experience in large scale program (both coverage and budget management), INGO/NGO would be advantageous.
- Having previous experience in Education program implementation in rural area (such as Decentralized Basic Education/DBE, a USAID funded project), would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in liaisons with stakeholders and counterparts, monitoring and evaluation would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, including team building – could work independently and as team player
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate in English (both oral and written) is good.
- Able to do multi-tasking, working in high pressure to meet results, working with minimum supervision and multi-cultural environment.
- Willing to be placed in very remote areas with minimum facilities and supervision.
- Able to use computers and MS Windows Applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Willing to travel to project sites as required.
Should you meet the above requirements and interested to apply, email your comprehensive resume to: email@example.com.