The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as ICRAF) in Southeast Asiais the region’s leading agroforestry research-in-development organization whichgenerates science-based knowledge about thecomplex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. Aspart of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty andenvironmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration withpartners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendationsfor increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and researchis conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We aresupported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research(CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, pleasevisit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
The Indonesia Communications Coordinator will work closely with theIndonesia Country Coordinator (with reference to the Regional CommunicationsSpecialist) to ensure effective communication of the work of ICRAF in Indonesiato a range of audiences from local through national to international.
Detail job description is attached.
· Bachelordegree in a relevant discipline (communications, media, internationalrelations, public policy, development, marketing, science, project management,law etc.).
· At least fiveyears’ experience in communications or related discipline at a strategic level.
· Able togenerate strategic, creative and practical approaches to overcome challengingsituations.
· Extensive,active network of relationships in the target sectors or demonstrated abilityto create and maintain them.
· Extremely goodtime, people and project management skills; self-directed; well-organized; ableto meet deadlines.
· Flexibleapproach to working hours.
· Ability totravel within Indonesia and externally.
· Good commandof written and spoken Indonesian and English.
Terms of offer
The WorldAgroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial andgender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotesexcellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is anational position and will be for a period of 2 (two) years, renewable subject to 3 (three) months’probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of theposition and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position againstthe listed requirements and salary expectations.
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of threereferees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit,World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Applicationfor Indonesia Communications Coordinator” on their application letters andemail submissions.
Applications will be considered until 18 August 2016or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicantsmeeting the above requirements will be contacted.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]