Program Assistant for Diabetic Retinopathy Program, Helen Keller International-Indonesia
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non‐governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Phnom Penh to support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Since the 1970s, HKI‐Indonesia has been working to establish sustainable evidence‐based approaches to enhance health and nutrition, improve education for the disabled, and expand access to eye health services for Indonesians, particularly women and children. HKI-Indonesia’s programs are integrated at all levels of the government health and education structures by helping to develop its human resources and infrastructure, conduct needs assessments, analyze local context to inform program design and implementation, train personnel, provide basic equipment and medicines, deliver services if needed, and monitor program progress and evaluate program impact.
We are currently seeking a Program Assistant who will be responsible for serving as the focal point for human resources within the office and supporting on other key administrative and operational activities.
Based in: Jakarta
Reports to: Program Coordinator – Diabetic Retinopathy
The Program Assistant support Diabetic Retinopathy Program Coordinator in procurement, travel and meeting/workshop arrangements, DR screening program arrangements, handling correspondence, filing, petty cash, and day to day administrative activities.
- Assist DR Program Coordinator in routine administrative functions including preparing travel arrangements (flight/lodging).
- Assist DR Program Coordinator in bidding process, procurement documents preparation, and receiving items in coordination with HKI Admin and Procurement Officer
- Provide a cordial and responsive written and verbal communication service to both external and internal DR Program partners for program and administrative matters.
- Prepare letters and/or invitations in both Indonesia and English for different level partners in an effective and efficient manner.
- Support DR Program Coordinator on DR screening activity preparation both in the office or at the DR screening locations.
- Support on workshop/training activities preparation and implementation. This includes assistance in preparing invitations and attendance lists, hotel booking, ensuring materials and equipment are prepared and available,
- Any other duties that may be assigned by DR Program Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Experience in filing.
- High skill levels and experience in office software, particularly: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Minimum D3 degree in administration or management
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure and high stress tolerance
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with supervisor, other HKI staff and partners
People with disabilities or special needs are encouraged to apply. Please email your curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter (in English) to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org, with subject ‘PA-DR Program’.
Application should be received at least by 10 August 2016 at 17:00.