The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
• An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and• An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
DKI WASH Associate based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : DKIWA-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The primary objective of the DKI WASH Associate position is to assist the DKI WASH Coordinator in the implementation of WASH activities particularly benefitting the poorest households and also developing and maintaining excellent relations with all relevant stakeholders in DKI Area (community groups, CBOs, local government, PAM Jaya, AETRA, PALYJA, PD PAL Jaya, local NGOs, Contractors, etc.).
In close coordination with the DKI Coordinator when his present and Regional Team for WJDT, Component Leads and other project specialists, the tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Oversee project-supported Master Meter programming in DKI Jakarta, including:
o Ensuring effective coordination among all parties involved in Master Meter programming (Pam Jaya, AETRA, PALIJA, donors, private sector parties, NGOs, etc.), including through conducting joint workshops and other coordination forums;o Identifying potential areas for Master Meter system development;o Overseeing the development of Master Meter systems particularly for the preparation of long-term technical support.o Identifying possible sources of support for such systems beyond the resources of IUWASH PLUS and which may include support from governmental agencies, the private sector, etc.o Representative of project during the meeting with the partners on supporting master meter program.
• Coordinate improved septage management program in DKI Jakarta with PD PAL, including:
o Developing and maintaining close collaboration with PD PAL and other relevant institutions (such as PKK) to prepare and implement regular desludging programs;o Assessing needs related to the development of regular desludging services (in terms of institutional development, policy, community-level promotion, etc.;o Overseeing and ensuring the effectiveness of IUWASH PLUS inputs (provided through LTTA, STTA, POs, etc.) particularly on preparation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Work Plan of collaboration program in area of DKI Jakarta.o Representative of project during the meeting with the partners on supporting regular desludging program.
• Prepare monthly and other reports as well as field report, lessons learned reviews and other documentation related to the all aspects of the above.
• Perform other tasks and duties consistent with the above, including identifying and supporting other agreed-to IUWASH PLUS assistance to local partners in DKI Jakarta.
• Input related to the above for IUWASH PLUS biweekly, quarterly, annual and other reports as well as workplans.
• Technical reports, articles and other publications related to the above.
• A bachelor degree in a relevant field such as technical engineering, environmental engineering
• At least five years of experience in managing similar activities;
• At least three years of experience working in government advocacy, in DKI regions preferably
• Possesses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and basic English competency;
• Has experience and good understanding of capacity building programs;
• Has experience in managing implementing partners from CSOs/NGOS/GOI;
• Understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene issues is an advantage
• Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel substantially within Indonesia.
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.
com before September 7, 2016.
Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret
that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only
shortlisted candidates will be notified.