CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROGRAM/WARUNG ANAK SEHAT (WAS)
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER (PM)
Social Enterprise Advisor will work closely with the Project Manager, EED Manager and CARE France inclusive social manager to analyze the relevance and potential to develop a Social Business Model and contribute to develop scenarios for cooking center to be a viable business with CARE.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Conduct a feasibility study and market survey including a SWOT analysis to define, for example, the most appropriate products and pricing strategy and the market activation required in coherence with the social objectives of the project;
2. Identify potential social enterprises focusing in producing and distributing healthy snack food to selected elementary school;
3. Propose cooking center business and design models that suit the IWAS and potential women groups and support social goals of the project and its social and economic impact on local value chains;
4. Provide consultancy and advice on the establishment of social enterprise including design, approach, and operations;
5. Provision of finalized and comprehensive business plan including business model, financial analysis, organization structure and governance, social impact indicators and dashboard;
6. Together with the women groups develop this business model and plan including the financial plan, organization structure and project and social indicators;
7. Develop marketing, distribution and operating procedures for the social enterprises;
8. Facilitate basic training in start-up enterprises needed;
9. Conduct regular coaching to the start-up enterprises in their first two months of operations, monitoring and provide feedback necessary changes (if needed);
10. Build close coordination and communication with the start-up cooking center, Field Coordinator and Program Manager;
11. Provide lessons learned and recommendation for future programming (scale-up and/or replication) and suggests 2 to 4 scenarios for sustainable social business which balances social and economic goals.
1. Regular Status Reports – Routine brief updates;
2. Presentation of research findings (point 1 and 2) along with draft outline of the business plan (point 3 to 4) to selected representative of CARE and teams, solicit feedback and make adjustments and improvements as discussed and agreed at the presentation/consultation meetings;
3. Final finalized and comprehensive business plan including business model, financial analysis, organization structure and governance, social impact indicators and dashboard;
4. Final detailed written report addressing questions above (point 10) along with final PowerPoint summary;
5. Hand-over check-list for Capacity Building of the cooking center ladies.
1) Education: University degree in Business administration, Economic Management, Business, Marketing or relevant background.
2) Experience: At least 3 (three) years proven in community facilitation capacity for livelihood development, experience in business management. A plus : Experience in working with private sector partners
3) Specific technical skills:
• Experience in program design and work plan development.
• Experience in social enterprise development.
• Good communications skills, including negotiation/discussion skills particularly with community.
• Good interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for beneficiaries.
• Prepared to spend a considerable amount of time in the field.
• Honest, responsible, self-motivated, ability to work in tight schedule and able to take initiative under minimum supervision
• Able to give helpful directions, detailed instructions and demonstrations.
• Demonstrate ability to independently work as well as to contribute in a cross cultural environment.
• Experience in managing and supervising small team to reach the project objectives
• Competent in Windows, MS Office programs, and email.
• Familiar of social media as media of communication to team and beneficiaries
• Fluent in English (spoken and written).
TERMS OF OFFER
Interested applicant must submit the following documentation:
1. Comprehensive curriculum vitae of individual/team members involve in the activities.
2. A detailed implementation plan/technical proposal in accordance with the scope of work, expected outputs and deliverables provided for herein.
3. Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs i.e. consultancy fee, ect.
Please submit before September 13, 2016 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"