COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Based in West Kalimantan
Based in West Kalimantan
The Community Development Coordinator plays a key role in implementing the management of HCV which includes the following functions:
- Implement sustainable management approach of HCV area and integrate the management of this area into a wider area management (using landscape-based management approach);
- Establish a management institution, including to ensure legality of the management institution, to manage the HCV area.
- Work closely with our partner to strengthen local community institutions in managing their natural resources (including to mentor and develop capacity of community in managing the HCV area) and improve community livelihood (including the development of community enterprises) by means applying SIGAP approach;
- Develop a multi-stakeholder forum to oversee the management of the HCV area, as necessary;
- Work closely with and mentor our partner on the management of HCV area and community engagement, as necessary;
- Develop and maintain close partnership with key stakeholders (such as relevant community, government officials of relevant villages, sub-districts, and district government agencies, private sectors, and NGOs) to support smooth implementation of the partnership, including to hold regular dialogues with these key stakeholders to inform, update, and consult on progress of the partnership;
- Involve in community development works as necessary.
The Community Development Coordinator reports to the Partnership Manager.
- BA/BS degree in biology, ecology, natural resources management and 5 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in community outreach, communications, landscape ecology and working with diverse community members and partner organizations.
- Knowledge of land management conservation practice and conservation science.
- Ability to explain conservation practices to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management, and natural resource preservation.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and experience in coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience in developing partnerships (partners, community, and government).
- Entrepreneurship mindset.
- Experience working in Kalimantan.
- Negotiation skills.
- Completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken in English.