Founded in 1919, the Institute of International Education (IIE) is a private nonprofit leader in the international exchange of people and ideas. In collaboration with governments, foundations and other sponsors, IIE creates programs of study and training for students, educators and professionals from all sectors. These programs include the flagship Fulbright Program and Gilman Scholarships administered for the U.S. Department of State. IIE also conducts policy research, provides resources on international exchange opportunities and offers support to scholars in danger. IIE’s mission is to advance international education and access to education worldwide.
IIE is looking for Finance Assistant to supports a 5-year, USAID-funded Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) Program in Indonesia. The primary objective of SHERA is to increase the research capacity of faculty, staff, Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers at selected public and private higher education institutions in Indonesia through partnerships with U.S. universities.
Reports to SHERA’s Finance & Admin Manager, the Finance Assistant will provide basic accounting and administrative support for SHERA activities. He/she will ensure all financial transactions are in accordance with IIE and sponsor policies and procedures and Indonesia GAAP. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: accounting, invoicing, A/R and A/P, and budgeting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, IIE may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
· Prepare payment requests
· Issue travel advance funds for all office staff.
· Review and process credit card and cash expense reports from all the staff at the office.
· Track traveling expenses for each staff member and compare to program and administrative budget.
· Assist in preparation of budgets and variance explanations.
· Develop and implement master files and procedures to standardize daily operations.
· Support AR reconciliation process.
· Monitor accounts payables activity and
· Manage all banking and cash-related activities for the office, including statement reconciliations
· Monitor internal controls for compliance and potential weaknesses
· Prepare and propose journal entries; conduct financial account analysis of ledger accounts
· Prepare and upload weekly journal entries files and adjustments, as requested, into financial ledger
· Prepare and submit monthly operating funds request
· Petty Cash request and reconciliation· Perform other duties and functions as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or like degree· A minimum of 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in an accounting related field.
· Excellent proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010; internet software and database software.
· Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
· Demonstrates careful attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to handle a heavy workload and changing priorities and tasks under strict deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.· Basic proficiency in English and excellent Bahasa Indonesia, written and oral
· Strong interest and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
How to apply, please send your CV with cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com no later than Tuesday 11 October 2016.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. All incoming CV will be keep confidential.
Warm Regards,SHERA recruitment team