Job Title: Admin Assistant, Indonesia
Period: October 2016 - June 2017
Contract Type: Daily/Monthly Rate (non-permanent)
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss-based international organization that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. The organization is delivering improved nutrition to an estimated 610 million people in more than 30 countries, half of whom are women and children. Nutrition products are as varied as fortified cooking oil in Indonesia, flour in Africa, soy sauce in China and biscuits in India, as well as specialized products for infant and young child nutrition, and interventions to protect the most vulnerable affected by emergencies or chronic illness.
GAIN Indonesia currently seeks an Administrative Assistant in order to support the organization’s programs and daily operations of the Indonesia Office. The position is short term and contract-based / daily rate for now with option to renew if further funding becomes available.
Admin Assistant - Indonesia
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Indonesia Office in regards to office administration, procurement and logistics, and provide program support to the Program Associates and Managers. The Assistant will report to the Program Associate. S/he will ensure that administrative support is provided in order to ensure that the overall project milestones and goals are met.
- Provides assistance to the Indonesia Staff, ensures compliance with GAIN policies and procedures
- Provides logistical arrangement & support on:
- meetings with partners and stakeholders at national and international levels
- event organizing
- travel and accommodation
- document filing/archiving
- contracting process
- procurement process, including bidding
- work permits and registration
- Liaises with building management and local vendors on operational aspects as required
- Manages petty cash and ensures that relevant documents are kept for all expenses according to GAIN’s Finance Manual.
- Provides support in creating PurchaseOrders, Cash Advance, Statement of Accounts and other financial reconciliations
- Prepares accounts payable documents (e.g. invoices, payment requests) for approval
- Ensures the smooth flow of approval documents, ensuring information transfer to the relevant staff
- Works with Finance Country and HQ Focal Points to ensure all project related expenses are properly coded to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting
Office Management Support
- Coordinates with Indonesia Focal Points regarding facilities management of the Jakarta office
- Oversees transportation and vehicle management
- Manages procurement as per GAIN’s procurement policy and national standards, liaising with Country and HQ Finance
- Inputs payments to suppliers, based on approval and authorization by relevant approvers (Country and HQ).
- Coordinates delivery of goods from suppliers, manages records and keeps a fixed asset registry as per national requirements
- Ensures timely customs clearing and follow up with government offices
- Other duties as required by the Country Director
Detailed responsibilities/TOR will be sent by request.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and advocacy skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Reliable and enjoys working in a multi-cultural, cross functional team with flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Computer literacy with good MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Power Point skills.
- Fluent written and verbal English and Bahasa Indonesia - Business English competency required.
- Indonesian citizen and fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Minimum Diploma (D3) in administration or accounting or a suitable equivalent.
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV with a cover letter in English explaining why you are suitable for this job to email@example.com latest by 9 September 2016. Please put “CV: ADMIN ASSISTANT” in the subject line of your email.