Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : The Monitoring and Result Measurement Manager (MRMM)
Duty Station : Ende – Flores
Duration : Two years
Report to : Project Manager PRISMA
Aim of the job
Since 2014, Hivos Southeast Asia has been implementing a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) project on behalf of the DFAT-funded Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (AIP-PRISMA) program. The project, entitled “Commercial Pig Rearing in Nusa Tenggara Timur”, was implemented in Flores in partnership with private sector entities, civil society organisations, and individual farmers. Phase 1 of this project concluded in May 2016. Phase 2 is anticipated to begin in July 2016 and to run for two years. During Phase 2 the implementation region will be expanded to include locations in Sumba.
The objective of the project is to increase pig farmer incomes by improving and incentivizing productivity. This will be achieved by addressing several constraints on farmers' efficient participation in the market, namely: facilitating farmer access to finance; increasing the speed at which pigs can be raised via the introduction of improved pig breeds; encouraging the development of service providers for fodder, extension services, commercial aggregation and processing; and developing retail, wholesale and export potential in NTT.
The MRMM is part of the Hivos PRISMA field project team and will be based in the project’s main field office in Ende. S/he reports to the Project Manager, and works closely with the rest of the project field team, partners, and donor counterparts.
The MRMM is responsible for translating the project’s Result Chain into SMART project targets and tangible indicators. S/he will develop a monitoring and measurement plan; effectively communicate this plan and its requirements to enumerators and the project team; and ensure its correct implementation. The MRMM will analyse, validate and aggregate the data that has been gathered, and prepare monthly progress reports in accordance with donor requirements. S/he will deliver data-based evidence to sharpen project implementation, including the development of new interventions. Using qualitative and quantitative methods, s/he will work with Hivos Southeast Asia’s Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team to assess the overall sustainability, impact and effectiveness of the project.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Lead Monitoring and Result Measurement (MRM) based on the Monitoring and Result Measurement Standard determined by AIP-PRISMA with support from the Field Coordinators and Project Manager.
2. Coordinate closely with the Project Manager, the implementing partners and the stakeholders in planning and implementing of monitoring according to the DCED criteria (articulating result chains and respective indicators for measurement; identify, quantify and verify milestones and targets).
3. Develop monitoring plans; collecting data; analysing the result, learning, planning and reporting to enhance appropriate decision making and learning processes.
4. Ensure that the MRM database system is providing appropriate and accurate data for reporting activities.
5. In close partnership with Project Manager in compiling, analysing, and preparing relevant MRM data for reports to donor.
6. Assist the local partner organizations in the MRM-related activities.
7. Ensure timely submission of reports from the partners.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
1. Bachelor degree in Social Science or other related field.
2. Substantial knowledge regarding the program management on field level.
3. At least 3 years previous field experience in livelihood/income generating project, ideally in a similar role.
4. Minimum of one year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position.
5. Strong organizational, planning, management skills.
6. Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
7. Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
8. Ability to adapt within the working environment.
9. Ability to work in a team setting.
10. English language skill is highly required.
11. Experience working in Flores and Sumba Island is preferable.
12. Innovative, willingness to learn to learn from mistakes, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker.
13. Good interpersonal skills, and ability to work in teams.
14. Ability to collaborate and coordinate between different teams to achieve objectives.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Hivos Salary Grade : 9
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 18th September 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘MRM - PRISMA’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.