RutgersWPF Indonesia is a centre of expertise in the field of sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and sexual gender based violence (SGBV). We have a longstanding expertise in this field and work together with more than 20 local partners to support CSE and Youth Friendly Services as well as implement Male Involvement approach to reduce GBV. In our approach we integrate advocacy, research and gender transformative programming.
Currently RutgersWPF Indonesia is looking for enthusiastic candidates for the following position. We look for candidates who are interested in working on SRHR issues and who are available on short notice:
Advocacy Officer (AO)
Fixed Term with possibility extension, Jakarta based, 1 (0ne) Position.
The Advocacy Officer will play an important role in the facilitation of developing RutgersWPF Indonesia’s and partners advocacy strategy within Indonesia and the region and to ensure sustainability of interventions and strategies, assists the monitoring and evaluation of the impact of RutgersWPF Indonesia’s advocacy interventions and deliver regular analysis and updates for management.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· In collaboration with program teams and partners develop and implement Rutgers advocacy strategy in Indonesia at national and regional level;
· Assist in capacity building of partners in the field related to the implementation of the advocacy,
· Liaising closely with program team in delivering the advocacy strategy;
· Represent RutgersWPF Indonesia in lobby and advocacy actions, reference groups, consultation meetings/conferences within civil society, political and government circles in Indonesia or the region;
· In collaboration with M&E develop monitoring tools to measure the results of advocacy initiatives conducted by partners.
· Develop and maintain partnership with relevant actors in pursuit of lobby and advocacy objectives,
· Analyse local, regional and international developments related to advocacy
· Excellent networking skills
· Good Communication skills
· Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively
· Good Facilitation skills
· Good administration and organizational skills and ability to optimize independent use of time against variable workload
· Experiences in developing advocacy materials (fact sheets, policy brief, PoA, etc) is an advantage
· Good knowledge of issues preferable to SRHR and related fields i.e. HIV/Gender and other key issues in the development sector, experience in rights-based approach and evidence-based lobby and advocacy
· Excellent writing skills in Indonesian and good writing skills in English
· Basic knowledge of legal system in Indonesia and International UN processes
· Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in advocacy or program management.
· Minimum S1 degree from
(international relation, public health, international law, political science,
communication and other social and humanity studies)
· Proficiency in relevant software (MS Office)
The application (Motivation Letter & CV) can be submitted by e-mail to : recruitment.rutgerswpf.indo@
With Indicating the position.
Application deadline will be September 20, 2016
Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.