Consultant for APIK Geoportal Development
1. BackgroundAdaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) is a 5-year program funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that supports the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the regional and community levels. In support of this overall objective, APIK seeks to:- Mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks;- Build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards; and- Support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.In its implementation, APIK has developed a website that can serves that purposes and feature also will be “the face” of the project. This website is platform and tool to disseminate information on the project itself, its activities, updates, publications, and other information. For the next phase, APIK needs to develop a Geoportal to support web mapping feature of APIK website. This Geoportal not only support the front end of APIK website, but it can be the portal for sharing all spatial data and documentation to APIK stakeholders & public. In the future, this product can be implemented in the local government level such as Provincial Government & District/City Level Government.We identified there’s an open source product that can be used for this purpose. Geonode (www.geonode.org) is an open source geoportal tools that already include web mapping engine using Geoserver and PostGIS. For this purpose, we need to hire a consultant to customize and install the product, and also need to provide a machine (server) or a cloud system to host this system.2. Scope of WorkThe scopes of work of the consultant are as follow:1. Customized the existing Geonode product to become the APIK Geoportal. The changes needs to be made:a. Modify Template (following the existing APIK website template)b. Revision on Upload Layers Workflow (the workflow TBD by CISA)Note: the latest repository should be taken from: https://github.com/geoenvo/my_
geonode2. Setup user matrix using the following structure:
Group Data Access Capability APIK Head Office APIK Jawa Timur APIK Sulawesi Tenggara APIK Maluku Users APIK Pusat Read, Download & Write Read, Download & Write Read, Download & Write Read, Download & Write COP, DCOP, IT & All Specialist APIK Jawa Timur Read & Download Read, Download & Write Read & Download Read & Download RM, FCs & Specialists APIK Sulawesi Tenggara Read & Download Read & Download Read, Download & Write Read & Download RM, FCs & Specialists APIK Maluku Read & Download Read & Download Read & Download Read, Download & Write RM, FCs & Specialists Public Read & Download Read & Download Read & Download Read & Download All public users3. In coordination with APIK’s IT Specialist & CISA, set up website domain and hosting which will be procured directly by APIK4. Training (Incl. APIK Jakarta and Regional)5. Consultant will be responsible for website maintenance to fix any troubleshooting or other issues occurred after the website is online. The maintenance period for three months won’t be calculated daily and not subject to be invoiced and only on-call basis, based on needs and any circumstances.6. The consultant will work mainly with USAID APIK Communications, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist, Climate Information Services Specialist and IT Specialist. USAID APIK will not provide any equipment and/or tools for this consultancy.
3. DeliverablesThe deliverables for this consultancy are:- Installed Geoportal in APIK Host Machine with several uploaded- Source code shall be put on the online repository such as github- Document of manual or guidance on Content Management System
4. TimeframeThe timeframe for this consultancy is 24 man-days, starting from August 22 until no longer than September 30, 2016.APIK expected to have demo version of the website to be online by August 19, 2016. The final website should be online and fully functioned by the end of the consultancy.
Activity Mandays Customization of the existing Geonode 15 Installation 1 Testing & Bug Fixing 4 Training – APIK Jakarta 1 Training – APIK Jawa Timur 1 Training – APIK Sultra 1 Training – APIK Maluku 1 Total Mandays 24
5. Website Details and Other InformationThe Template shall follow the USAID Graphics Standards Manual and Partner Co-Branding Guide (latest updated February 2016).
6. Application SendInterested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications no later than 11 September 2016 COB. Applicants are instructed to write “APIK Geoportal Development – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The DAI email disclaimer can be found at http://www.dai.com/disclaimer.