Call for short-term national environmental management consultants: Canada-Indonesia Trade and Private Sector Assistance (TPSA) Project
Canada-Indonesia Trade and Private Sector Assistance (TPSA) is a five-year project funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada. It is managed by The Conference Board of Canada in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Trade. The overall objective is to support sustainable economic growth and reduce poverty in Indonesia through increased sustainable and gender-responsive trade and investment opportunities for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
One of the TPSA Project's objectives is to help Indonesian export-oriented firms/ SMEs in three sectors (coffee, footwear, and textiles/ apparel) to improve their environmental performance. Accordingly, the TPSA Project is seeking short-term national experts/ consultants for the following positions and with the following qualifications.
· Short-term environmental consultant with expertise in environmental management in the coffee industry
· Short-term environmental consultant with expertise in environmental management in the apparel/ textiles industry
· Short-term environmental consultant with expertise in environmental management in the footwear industry
Scope of work:
The coffee/ apparel/ footwear consultant will be required (i) to identify key environmental issues/ hotspots in TPSA partner firms in their respective industries (i.e., coffee, apparel, footwear), (ii) prepare environmental performance improvement plans for the partner firms based on the identified key issues, and (iii) execute and monitor plan implementation.
· Indonesian national
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, with advanced degree strongly preferred
· Strong technical expertise and minimum of five years' professional work experience in one of the areas identified above
· Experience working on donor-funded projects
· Excellent oral and written Bahasa Indonesia communication skills; with good oral and written English preferred
· Proven ability to deliver outputs on time and work under pressure;
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g., governments, donors, private sector, farmers, NGOs, research institutions, universities).