Communication Officer (CO)
Research and Development
Director, Head of Research & Development
Trade Union Rights Centre (TURC) is a Non-Government Organization focused on legal assistance, education, and research in the field of Labour. Working in 17 areas in Indonesia, we do legal analysis of labour policy in Indonesia, advocating and training the union activists and labours relating the union’s rights and the labour’s rights. We also do some researches related trade union and labour. For more information, please visit our web www.turc.or.id or twitter @turc_id for further information.
We are currently seeking for an eligible candidate to fulfill the following post:
Position : Communication Officer
Based in : Jakarta, Indonesia
OBJECTIVES AND GOAL
· To provide assistance in designing and developing website development plan
· To provide support for producing website content and other relevant tasks
· To provide support for the development and implementation of short to long terms communication strategies
· To provide assistance for design and content of publication materials
· To provide support in conducting fund raising activities for expanding the media and publication
· To be responsible in promoting TURC
SCOPE OF WORK
Under this Scope of Work, the Communication Officer will carry out the following key activities:
· Produce promotional and public relations materials such as newsletter and brochure
· Assist in the development, drafting, and final editing of annual reports
· Generate monthly highlights and quarterly newsletters
· Develop and maintain digital photo library
· Develop and maintain the database and information on members, partners and donor agencies
· Maintain and further develop TURC website
· Provide assistance in promoting and publicizing activities and actions undertaken by TURC
· Assisting in reviewing and editing proposals and reports to Donor Agencies
· Assist in the development of programs and mechanisms targeted at informing and strengthening capacity in information management
· Regularly disseminate relevant information to members and partners.
· Ensure visibility of programs, projects, and activities in all uploaded/published documents
· Maintaining TURC’s social media.
· Assist on any TURC’s event in preparing press conference and distribute press release
· Maintaining media database, and developing pieces for circulation and conducting interviews and reports.
· Responsible for the procurement process of its publication
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies, Journalism, Visual Communication Design, Public Relations, or equivalent relevant work experience.
· Proficiency in designing and developing public relations/media tools.
· Excellent communication and writing skills (Indonesia and English).
· Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills
· Shows persistence and ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks, and communication broad
· Intermediate to advanced MS office skills in all basic Microsoft word programs, publication and design software.
· Basic IT and design knowledge is preferable.
· Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn.
· Media relations skills.
· Able to work under tight schedule, independently or as a team.
· Must be able to travel to program locations; where applicable.
Interested candidates may send an application letter, a copy of their CV, and recommendation letter (if available) to: email@example.com
Deadline for lodging applications: 15th October, 2016.
|| www.turc.or.id ||
"Labor Unions are the leading force for democratization and progress." —Noam ChomskyBendungan Hilir, Jakarta 10210 || firstname.lastname@example.org || Skype: ratih.sukma