EoI Number: IHP2016-006
Issuance Date: 12.10.2016
ISEAN Program Officer cum Male Program Specialist (PO) under the “Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender people in Island Southeast Asian Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste. Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant under the ISEAN-Hivos Program Global Fund Round 10 anticipates its dxtension period of implementation from October, 2016 to December, 2017.
In this regard, ISEAN is seeking applications for ISEAN Program Officer (PO) that will be based in Jakarta Indonesia or work remotely and report to the network’s office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
As the ISEAN Program Officer (PO), you will be working under the direct supervision of the ISEAN Executive Director (ED) and in close collaboration with the ISEAN Regional Board members, other secretariat staff and partners. You will be responsible for following activities:
1. Plan and coordinate training activities with ED and PR-PMU Program Officer and Training Coordinator;
2. With the ED, monitor the achievement of indicators, including program achievement and budget expenditure; ensure that variance analysis is conducted; and prepare the required reports, including the PUDR;
3. Provide support in organizing regional and national coordination meetings, including liaising with participants on events, meeting, training and workshops especially on Male Health Programs;
4. Develop the ISEAN Training Toolkit, in coordination with the ED and in collaboration with PR-PMU and in-country Training Managers/ Officers and manage the development and coordination of ISEAN’s training curricula, manuals and educational tools;
5. Ensure that planned trainings and training related-expenses are within set budgets;
6. Assess management, technical assistance, training needs, capacity and learning needs at the level of the ISEAN’s Member Networks and CBOs on Male or MSM Health Programs;
7. Identifes, creates and maintains an MSM PLHIV focus programs in all ISEAN countries;
8. Develop, manage and maintain a training data base for the program;
9. Coordinate with national/regional stakeholders to identify appropriate community/non-community facilitators for needed training programs, and act as a training facilitator as required;
10. Perform the role of the trainer/training facilitator as required;
11. Liaise with and monitor community/non-community training consultants;
12. Develop and implement quality assurance mechanisms to assess impact of training activities and systems;
13. Provide regular modifications of training curricula, manuals, etc. based on training needs and post-training assessments; and
14. Assist in other tasks of ISEAN, as required.
• Preferably a self-identified gay man or MSM and a citizen or permanent resident of one of the ISEAN countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines or Timor Leste.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Education: A university degree or similar competency in any related fields, preferably in psychology, human resources, training, communications, development studies or management studies would be considered helpful.
• Language: Demonstrated high proficiency in reading, writing and speaking abilities in English language. Native speaker of a ISEAN language is compulsory (Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Filipino, Tatum, Chinese or Tamil)
• Experience: Relevant professional or personal experience in training, human resource development, media, communications or community work.
• Skills: High level of community connectivity (understand the dynamic of communities of MSM and transgender people). Comfortable using online technology and social media, including website, Facebook, Twitter etc.
• Self-motivated, outgoing personality and a passion for communities of MSM and transgender people.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (Title: ISEANPO) accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, before 23.10.2016 to: