EoI Number: IHP2016-007
ISEAN Trans Program Specialist (TPS)under the “Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender people in Island Southeast Asian Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste. Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant under the ISEAN-Hivos Program Global Fund Round 10 anticipates its dxtension period of implementation from October, 2016 to December, 2017.
In this regard, ISEAN is seeking applications for ISEAN Trans Program Specialist (TPS) that will be based in Jakarta Indonesia or work remotely and report to the network’s office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
As the ISEAN Trans Program Specialist (TPS), you will be workingunder the direct supervision of the ISEAN Executive Director (ED) and in close collaboration with the ISEAN Regional Board members, other secretariat staff and partners. You will be responsible for following activities:
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of work plans and budgets;
2. Support the Executive Director in the implementation of his/her duties;
3. Carry out field visits and participate in program monitoring and evaluations in line with work plans;
4. Provide guidance for SRs especially with National Trans Program Officers (TPO) on program implementation and reporting;
5. Work closely with SRs especially with National Trans Program Officers (TPO) on the preparation of projects and contracts (with consultants and other implementing partners);
6. With the ED, monitor the achievement of indicators, including program achievement and budget expenditure; ensure that variance analysis is conducted; and prepare the required reports, including the PUDR;
7. Identify, creates and maintains an Transgender PLHIV focus programs in all ISEAN countries;
8. Provide support in organizing regional and national coordination meetings, including liaising with participants on these events;
9. Contribute to documenting and disseminating project-related best practices and lessons learnt especially on Transgender People issues;
10. Assist in other tasks of the ISEAN, as required.
· Preferably a self-identified Transwomen or Transmen and a citizen or permanent resident of one of the ISEAN countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines or Timor Leste.
· Education: A formal diploma or university degree, or similar competency, in communications, media, linguistics, information technology, development studies or English studies would be considered helpful. Sound knowledge about sexual health and HIV preferred.
· Several years of work experience in a multinational or regional context requiring complex coordination with multiple stakeholders.
· Proven record in private and public sectors, preferably in the field of human health.
· Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Tagalog, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Tetum, Chinese and Tamil highly desirable.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (Title: ISEAN TPS) accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, before 23.10.2016 to: