The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity.
It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 190 countries.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) is looking for candidate to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia for the post of
Innovation Conference Support Officer
(4 Months Fixed Term contract)
A conference on innovation is being planned in February 2016. As a part of the conference, an innovation challenge will be launched in October so as to collect some innovative ideas and approaches in flood risk reduction. In addition, the lead user process has also begun to identify some innovators across Indonesia who have good idea or projects in hand but are unable to develop that further due to lack of fund or technical expertise. Best ideas and projects identified through the innovation challenge and lead user process will be evaluated and further developed by the CFR project and other partner organizations as well.
This innovation conference is an exciting initiative and event that is supported by several other organizations as well. A team at the IFRC Secretariat in Geneva is providing technical support and international coordination. The country team in Indonesia is responsible for country level preparations, management of innovation challenge, supporting lead user process and organization of the conference/final showcase event in February. There is however limited number of staffs at the CCST Jakarta at the moment, and the CFR Zurich project team is fully occupied with the ongoing project activities. There is therefore a need for a short term staff to support the conference preparation, innovation challenge and lead user process.
Job duties and responsibilities
• Prepare contact list of organizations, area experts and individuals working in or involved in risk reduction and flood resilience in Indonesia.
• Desk review of innovations and related projects in Indonesia.
• Disseminate information and ToR of the innovation challenge to PMI provinces, districts, volunteers, local government (village offices), other organizations, universities, etc.
• Organize a brief road show in central, east and west Java to disseminate about the innovation challenge.
• Spread the innovation challenge information through social media, local FM, national TV, etc.
• Attend queries from potential contestants, general public.
• Register and compile submitted proposals/applications according to the 4 thematic areas.
• Communicate and coordinate with members of the evaluation committee/jury panel.
• Organize required conference facilities.
• Prepare required information package for the conference.
• Interpretation/translation support to the lead user team.
• Contact/communicate with identified innovators and support the incubation/development process.
• Liaison with people/partners/organizations (IFRC Geneva team, Hamburg University, HLA, GDPC, Zurich, PMI, and others) involved in/supporting the innovation challenge/conference.
• Prepare final report of the innovation conference.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in project management, office administration/management, logistics, event management, etc.
Use of internet, social media, other IT tools
Experience working in the RCRC movement is preferred
Good knowledge of computer applications such as word, excel, power point, and other designing and publishing tools.
Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 9th November 2016 at the latest to :
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Innovation Conference Support Officer
Only short listed candidates will be notified.