KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Representative Office Project Assistant will support the RO-technical staff with the administration of all national activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
the National TO’s for national activities in the planning, coordination
and administration of successful project activity implementation such
as organizing seminars/conferences/
workshops, training, meetings (external and internal), presentations, etc.
- Draft/type letters, documents and forms related to project activities.
- Draft Terms of Reference and arrange for contracts to be prepared when needed.
- Prepare travel itineraries and travel advances.
- Prepare liquidation report of the duty trips that have been completed.
- Provide duty trip report (if participated) and remind other team members to prepare such reports.
- Register all in and outgoing mail related to the technical/project units.
- Set up appointments/meetings with Government, partner organizations and other stake holders.
- Prepare agendas, invitations and take minutes/notes of internal meetings to be reviewed by the Provincial Coordinator and then circulated to participants.
- Maintain an efficient filling system for all project related records.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by Provincial Coordinator in relation with this role.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor degree in management, public health or other related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in administration and health program management ideally in an International Non-Government Organization.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and budgeting.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong eye for detail.
- Proactive approach to service provision, as well as the ability to organize partnerships and maintain good relations within internal and external KNCV.
- Exceptionally proficient at MS Office suite.
- Written and oral communication/presentation skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Professional, motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Ability to work as part of multi-cultural team and independently.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise, schedule and balance workloads in the face of conflicting and uneven demands to meet deadlines.
- Diligent and honest with the ability to work well in a complex environment, task-switching, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Willing to travel and support internal/external events as needed.
- As work requires field/hospital visit personal respiratory protection may apply.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
org by 14 October 2016 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.