The Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is an independent foundation sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) and the Department for International Development (DFID). WFD specialises in parliamentary strengthening and political party development. It does this by supporting the development of parliaments, political party structures and civil society organisations. It is uniquely placed to draw directly on the expertise of the Westminster political parties in all its work.
Established in 1992, WFD has supported transitions to democracy in central and Eastern Europe, strengthened multi-party democracies in Africa, Middle East and North Africa and is expanding its work in Asia.
Main Purpose of the Role:
WFD is looking to recruit an experienced Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) to support WFD’s programme in Indonesia. The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will play a critical role in assisting the Country Representative in the implementation of this programme.
This role is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation and coordination of financial and administrative procedures related to the programme. This role will need to communicate effectively both internally within the programme office and WFD’s head office in London and externally with other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline for eg. business studies, office administration, project administration, accountancy or bookkeeping
· Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting), and experience of using accounting packages (e.g. SAGE)
· At least two years’ experience in office administration, with high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, databases)
· Experience of project management and in particular gathering and consolidating information for monitoring and evaluation and impact reporting
· Excellent levels of spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
· Experience of procurement, and use of hardware, software, scanners and other office equipment
· Attention to detail, understands the importance of gathering and processing information accurately. Develops systems to gather data needed by the organisation
· Recognises that other teams, organisations and communities have different ways of doing things, takes time to understand these and to establish shared understanding and goals. Seeks advice and ideas from others and proactively shares information and learning.
· Anticipates the needs and concerns of partners and prepares to address these. Tailors communications (written, verbal, presentations) to the audience and designs communication for impact.
· Tackles difficult problems, seeks to understand the reason for obstacles and takes personal responsibility for finding solutions. Asks questions to clarify expectations and to agree goals.
· Commitment to task in hand and dedicated to delivering on objectives with the allocated time
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work in a changing environment
· At least two years’ experience in a similar role, in a similar type of organisation (preferably an NGO or international representative office environment)
· Knowledge of the Westminster Parliamentary system and Political Parties, UK and international funding institutions and donor agencies.
HOW TO APPLY:
For full details of the role criteria and instructions for how to apply for this position, please visit WFD website at:
The deadline for receiving applications is 23:59 (GMT) 7th November 2016.
Please note: Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.