Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
Depot Desa fellow will perform a variety of tasks in researching cacao value chain, technology testing, and market research in Tabanan and other area in Bali. They will also assist on another research project to ensure the successful publishing of Kopernik’s Unmet Needs Report and as well as assist with the launch event. This volunteering program is eligible for Bali-based students who are currently enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Indonesian national
- Ability to speak Balinese is an advantage though not mandatory
- Research experience
- Background in agriculture is preferred
- Previous experience with event planning
- Willingness to travel around Bali
- Prior experience working with rural communities is preferred.
- Can ride a motorcycle in off-road conditions and possesses valid drivers licence (SIM C).
- Depot Desa Project
- Assess local market and potential market channel for processed cacao
- Interview cacao farmers to understand their current practice and cacao value chain
- Collect data during technology testing for cacao processing
- Conduct research about farming cooperatives to understand the business model
- Participate in Depot Desa business model development based on the research findings
- Unmet Needs Project
- Help coordinate the printing process of the report
- Assist in arranging the venue and logistics for the launch event
- Help dealing with vendors for the event
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for the event concept with the Kopernik team
- Help with various tasks during the launch event
- Help coordinate other volunteers during the event
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE OCTOBER 16th 2016