To support program delivery in Indonesia, GGGI seeks to hire a Senior Assistant to support program delivery in East Kalimantan. The position will support numerous technical and administrative activities under a variety of outputs working with both the provincial government and the district government of Mahakam Ulu. The position is part of the East Kalimantan team of GGGI Indonesia at the both the provincial and district levels and will report to the Provincial Representative.
The Senior Assistant will contribute to the achievements of the work targets agreed upon with the East Kalimantan Provincial Government and will ensure consistent quality across those deliverables. This will have a strong focus on the inclusion and mainstreaming of green growth into sectoral, provincial and district level development plans, monitor and report on government planning and implementation processes that are relevant to GGGI’s activities in the province, including in GGGI’s pilot district (Makaham Ulu).
- Support the GGGI Provincial Representative to establish and maintain day to day relationships with all key stakeholders in the province, including government counterparts, civil society and private sector representatives
- Coordination with GGGI colleagues globally and in Jakarta on project related matters, policies and tools, to be able to deliver high quality products.
- Travel to GGGI’s pilot district(s) and support engagement with the district government, when necessary
- Gather information from relevant provincial and district government counterparts related to GGGI’s activities, for example on renewable energy or land use projects
- Work closely with provincial stakeholders to deliver prompt sharing of information, conclusions or messages in the relevant area of work
- Develop and manage a stakeholder database for East Kalimantan, which will include contact details, minutes of meetings, summaries of organizations’ activities in East Kalimantan and opportunities for further engagement
- Coordinate and organize capacity building workshops and focus group discussions (FGDs) with relevant government counterparts, including preparation of budgets, terms of reference (ToR), invitations and agendas
- Able to support senior team members at provincial and national level by writing concise English summaries of key East Kalimantan policies, plans and projects that are relevant to GGGI’s activities as needed as well as official letters in Indonesian and English
- Carry out a variety of financial and administrative tasks for smooth implementation of GGGI’s activities at provincial level
- Support the Provincial Representative to develop regular newsletters or communication material related GGGI activities in the province for both internal and external communication
- Deliverables are at all times consistent and of high quality, independent of changing and complex environments and circumstances.
- Undergraduate degree in a green growth related field, e.g. economics, environmental policy, natural resource management, forestry etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in the implementation of environmental and development programs related to key green growth sectors, e.g. forestry, plantations, mining or energy
- Experience of working directly with the East Kalimantan government and a strong network in the province would be desirable
- A good understanding and keen interest on issues relevant to green growth
- Experience of arranging events.
- Creative and problem solving skills are key assets
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision, while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience in supporting multiple cultural team, work well under pressure and have a flexible approach
- Good verbal and written communications skills in both English and Indonesian
How to Apply:
online application visit url as follows: https://careers.gggi.
org/vacancy/senior-assistant- east-kalimantan-project- 285170.html