KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Data Officer (4 posts)
Duty Stations: Deli Serdang, DKI Jakarta, Bogor, Semarang
The Provincial Data Officer will responsible to ensure availability of quality and timely data for program management and evaluation. Ensure the TB data collected from District Health Office, health service facilities and other partners are valid and accurate. Prepare and provide report on a regular basis.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with TB Officer in District Health Office (Wasor) to ensure accurate and valid TB data at district health office.
- TB data collection (such as TB-HIV, MDR, regular TB) from DHO, health facilities and other partners.
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of the data collected.
- Collect district profile data.
- Process the data, analyze and present it into useful information that can be use in the provincial and district health office to monitor situation and project achievements.
- Manage the data and information that have been collected, handed it to M&E Officer for validation and to be maintained as one mechanism of data storage at provincial level.
- Provide information about CTB activities implemented in DO’s working area.
- Provide technical facilitation on recording and reporting when needed (e.g. in the absence of Technical Officer) in the intensified district area.
- Coordinate with M&E Officer and ensure that there are no overlap in data collection, as well as ensure that it is in line with SOP.
- Inform any visit plan to Provincial Coordinator, provide data and information to provincial team when needed and be the part of provincial team.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health, Health Information or related study.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Data Management, preferably in health related environment.
- Accuracy and detailed oriented in data entry.
- Communication skills.
- Computer literate (MS Office, internet, etc.).
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of multi cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.
- As work requires field/hospital visit personal respiratory protection may apply.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
org by 16 November 2016 at the latest.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for and preferred duty station in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.