Community-Based Adaptation Climate Change Advisor
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Community-Based Climate Change Advisor for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and subnational governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
Summary of Primary Duties
Summary of Primary Duties
The Community-Based Climate Change Advisor is the Task Lead for enhancing subnational government and community resilience to climate change and weather-related natural disasters.
· Build local government and community capacity-building for resilience to climate change and weather-relate natural disasters, utilizing entry-points such as local government working groups and community-based vulnerability mapping to convene stakeholders and facilitate planning and actions that strengthen landscape, socioeconomic, and institutional resilience.
· Support the mapping of institutional capacity of BPBDs, including progress on implementing the Resilient Villages Program.
· Facilitate community-based vulnerability assessments and risk profiles using participatory climate risk mapping.
· Support documentation of best practices and lessons learned in community-based resilience to facilitate replication as well as to inform modifications of the RAN-API.
· Work with APIK regional Community-Based Climate Change Specialists on research and analysis on each target location.
· Work with Regional Managers and regional Community-Based Climate Change Specialists on local government and community capacity building in their geographies.
· Contribute inputs for bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as required.
· Eight years of experience in climate change adaptation and disaster management, preparedness and response on the community level.
· Experience implementing community resilience programs that focus on climate variability and changing weather patterns.
· Experience in community development and engagement with civil society.
· Experience with adaptation activities, resource mobilization, and advocacy.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Masters preferred.
· Strong English writing abilities.
Base of Operations:
The location for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Community-Based Climate Change Advisor will report to the Climate Change Adaptation Advisor.
Interested applicants are invited to send CV and portfolio to apik_recruitment@DAI.com
by 11 November 2016. Please indicate “Comm-Based Adaptation Advisor –
NAME” as the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will