ICCO Cooperation is a Dutch organization with 50 years of experience and global presence of five regional offices. The regional office in South East Asia implements programs in Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia and Vietnam. Together with our partners from the public and private sector ICCO works towards a just and dignified life for all, by promoting opportunities for economic empowerment and inclusive development. Responsible and inclusive growth is connected to ICCO’s two core principles: Securing Sustainable Livelihoods and Justice & Dignity for All. Our regional office is based in Denpasar, Indonesia.
The aim of ICCO’s current program is to empower men, women and youth so they can fulfill their economic, social and civil rights. To successfully alleviate poverty, injustice and exclusion we cooperate with civil society stakeholders, public institutions and the private sector. ICCO focuses on empowering rural poor and excluded people by connecting them to inclusive and sustainable value chains, to generate income and to improve their food and nutrition security. We do this with a broad range of value chain actors including CSOs, producer organizations, local small and medium enterprises, international companies and financial institutions. In its economic development programs, ICCO improves productivity, works towards fair prices for smallholders, and lobbies together with partners for a better enabling environment.
About the G4AW programs
Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW) projects are public-private partnerships with the objective to improve food security in developing countries by using satellite data. Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For more information, see G4AW program. (http://g4aw.
The G4AW SMARTseeds Project in Indonesia is a consortium of partners which will implement a financially sustainable information service that supports 100.000 vegetable farmers (especially chilli, tomato and cucumber farmers) to increase their production, income, food security and reduces the inputs of water, fertilizer and pesticides. The service will eventually be owned and hosted by the Indonesian company EWINDO, with support from the public-private Dutch and Indonesian partners.
About EWINDO (PT East West Seed Indonesia)
PT EAST WEST SEED INDONESIA (EWINDO) is the first integrated vegetable seed company in Indonesia which produces vegetable seeds through plant breeding. EWINDO primarily aims for the development of local, cutting-edge seed industry to produce high quality vegetable seeds.
In developing seeds, EWINDO uses professionals who are experienced in the area of plant breeding and seed science. Vegetable seeds resulting from research and development are produced, processed, packed and marketed for Indonesian farmers with the brand CAP PANAH MERAH.
For more than two decades EWINDO always provides healthy seeds with high genetic purity and good germination in order to achieve good results aligning with the consumers’ wants and to become the key to success for Indonesian farmers. In SMARTSeeds Project, PT. EWINDO is the main private sector partner for the G4AW.
Purpose of the job
The Data Coordinator is responsible for providing overall oversight and administration for the data collection and management activities conducted by PT. EWINDO for the SMARTSeeds Project. He or she will serve as a focal point to ensure all elements of the data collection and management activities are executed, while ensuring compliance with the SMARTSeeds Project requirements and systems. The Data Coordinator is the central person for data management and collection activities conducted in PT EWINDO for SMARTSeeds Project, and could quickly learn the way the company’s farmers data base and other relevant SMARTSeeds project data management is executed. The Data Coordinator should also be knowledgeable about GIS, and horticulture and will be based at PT EWINDO office (in EWINDO’s Jakarta Office or in the field).
· Plan, manage and secure data base information in accordance with the SMARTSeeds Project program deliverables.
· Organize data and information in a way that will help a better decisions making process.
· Supervise and coordinate the data collection activities of the different project locations in close coordination and cooperation with other PT EWINDO staff (Field Data Offcers, Product Promoters).
· Work with electronic data and use software system to collect, maintain, organize and use data
· Work with partners and experts on new platform of information system/service in vegetable sector (Smart-seeds information service).
· Troubleshoot and provide solution to the complexity of database administration.
· Responsible to overall database backup and server/storage maintenance
Position in the organization
· The Data Coordinator is working under project management team of PT. EWINDO/Yayasan Bina Tani Sejahtera and reports to the co-chairpersons of SMARTSeeds Project.
· Bachelor degree in information science, computer science, management information system, or related field.
· Experience in database management involving GIS (Geographical Information System).
· Understand database language like SQL.
· Skills: Analytical skills, attention to detail, logical thinking, problem solving and communication and team work.
· Knowledgeable about horticulture.
· Fluent in both English and Indonesian.
Terms of Employment
This position is for one year with possibility of extension with two more years. PT. EWINDO Terms & Conditions are applicable.
ApplicationPlease send your motivation letter and CV (up to 4 pages maximum and in English) by e-mail before November 15th to ainunnisa.elfajrin@binatani.