Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) Activity. This anticipated five-year USAID/Indonesia flagship project aims to contribute to national goals to reduce maternal and newborn mortality by targeted support to improve essential MNH services, particularly for the poorest and most vulnerable. Using a total market approach, this activity aims to leverage solutions and resources and catalyze stakeholders across all sectors to generate innovative solutions for MNH. Ideal candidates will have experience working on international donor-funded programs in the field of health, preferably with a focus on maternal and neonatal health. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity.
The ideal candidate is a senior-level manager with a demonstrated track record in health systems strengthening work, with a focus on maternal and neonatal health, and experience leading a diverse team. The COP will oversee multiple work streams and provide vision, leadership, and management to the project. Qualified Indonesians are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide overall strategic leadership and oversight for the project
- Ensure contractual compliance and provide quality assurance on project activities and deliverables
- Represent the project and build connections with key stakeholders, beneficiaries, and international donors
- Manage technical oversight of all local subcontractors, grantees and short term technical assistance consultancies
- Provide coaching, mentoring and professional development support to staff
- Advanced degree in health or relevant field
- At least ten years of progressively responsible international development experience designing, managing, and implementing health or similar programs
- Experience working on donor-funded health systems strengthening programs in Southeast Asia; experience in Indonesia preferred
- Strong communications skill and representational ability
- Proven success cultivating and maintaining working relationship with a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors
- Ability to oversee project compliance with all contractual and administrative requirements, with support from the home office
- Experience managing dynamic international and local teams
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Application Instructions: Submit electronic submissions, including a CV, cover letter, and three recent professional references to https://ghdrecruit.
Only applications in English will be accepted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.