EngageMedia is looking for a Finance and Administration Coordinator to be based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator supports EngageMedia’s
Southeast Asia program activities and works closely with EngageMedia’s
Director, Accountant and Operations Coordinator to ensure the
organisations financial and administrative needs are to the highest
1. Provide high-quality financial and administrative support to programs
2. Ensure Southeast Asia administration and our office function effectively
3. Ensure the financial integrity of the organisation
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Bookkeeping - track and record all expenses
2. Maintain Indonesian banking and assist with Australian banking
3. Complete monthly account reconciliations
4. Monitor and track petty cash
5. Collect invoices and receipts, ensuring they are properly documented and recorded
6. Lead monthly payroll
7. Assist with the preparation of budgets for grant applications, and with grant reporting
8. Track and maintain a variety of budgets
9. Contribute to and uphold financial policies
1. Be responsible for maintenance of the office including payment of utilities
2. Purchase flight tickets, accommodation and other travel needs
3. Assist with logistics for events and face to face meetings
4. File materials on the EngageMedia intranet
5. Participate in weekly staff and finance team meetings
1. Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia
2. At least 5 years’ experience in finance and administration
3. Experience with online accounting systems a must
4. Extensive experience with office software
5. Advance bookkeeping
6. Experience in an organisation with large amounts of travel and international communications
7. Open minded with an ability to work across cultures
8. Analytical and problem solving skills
9. Excellent time management skills
Start Date and Remuneration
The position starts in January 2017. An initial 12 month full time
contract will be offered with extensions based on the completion of
A competitive NGO wage, attuned to cost of living in the position’s
location, will be offered. A monthly communications allowance, health
allowance, and travel insurance are provided.
Should the successful applicant be from outside Yogyakarta a moving allowance will be provided.
How to Apply
1. Send an application letter of not more than 500 word expressing your interest in the position
2. Provide a current CV
3. Include two referees
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Finance and Administration Coordinator". Applications close December 20th, 2016.
All applications with be kept strictly confidential. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and free software
technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old
and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and
environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists,
technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider
audiences for their vital messages and move people to action.
For more on EngageMedia's work please see our projects page and blog.