MSF is Médecins Sans Frontières /Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international independent humanitarian medical organization which aims to deliver emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and whose actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality as stated out in the MSF Charter.
MSF was present in Indonesia since 1995 to 2009 and after 5 years of absence, MSF is now finalizing negotiations with the Indonesian authorities to resume its activities in Indonesia.
The first operational project focuses on building a light and operational model addressing maternal and child health concerns in the Banten province with a special focus on adolescent health. Other prospects concern migrant health (especially in mental health) and methanol intoxication.
Job Vacancy :
Médecins Sans Frontières are now seeking for its Indonesia Mission a highly qualified candidate to fill in the following position: Deputy Medical Coordination (based in Jakarta).
The person will be :
• Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
• At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles
• Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programs aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality ( i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
• Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
• Collaborating, together with the logistics department and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects).
• Assisting in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promotes compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborates in the update of issues regarding the security context)
• Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
- Essential degree on medicine or other paramedical studies.
- Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset.
- Essential 2 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in MSF or other INGO’s in developing countries.
- Proficiency in English
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
• Strategic Vision : Has an overview and links current actions with organizational objectives
• Leadership : Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
• People Management and Development : Works on the growth and development of team members
• Planning & Organizing : Enables others to organize
• Teamwork and Cooperation : Builds team spirit within the organization
How to apply:
Please send your application : Cover Letter, Updated Curriculum Vitae including name, addresses, email address & phone number of 3 (three) referees, to HR MSF Indonesia via email : msf-jakarta-hrfinmanager@msf.
Applications will be considered until January 15, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.