KOICA Indonesia is looking for Expert/National Consultant to conduct Feasibility Study on the IT & Governance Future Projects – Jakarta, Indonesia
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR KOICA NATIONAL CONSULTANT
Position : National Consultant
Division : IT Development & Good Governance
Project field : Jakarta, Indonesia
Feasibility Study Period : 11 January – 11 February 2017
CV Submission Period : 30 December 2016 – 6 January 2017
Interview Period : 9 & 10 January 2017
Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is the official donor agency of the Republic of Korea, under the authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Korean Government. The main objective of KOICA is to maximize the effectiveness of Korea's grant aid programs for developing countries by implementing the government's grant aid and technical cooperation programs, including for Indonesia. KOICA Indonesia Office was established in 1992. In Indonesia, KOICA Indonesia Office gives the priority to three main areas, which are: (1) Infrastructure and Economic Development, (2) Good Governance and IT Development, and (3) Environment Protection and Transportation Development.
The KOICA Indonesia Office is now looking for Local Expert/National Consultant to do consultation related to Project Planning in the field of IT & Governance, for improving the quality of the future projects in Indonesia.
The main objective of this feasibility study is to evaluate the project’s potential for success. This is part of the activities in developing new Projects between KOICA and Indonesia.
The main responsibility of the local expert is to support KOICA Indonesia Feasibility Study team in order to evaluate the project’s potential for success.
The specific responsibilities in three folds:
1. To collect in-depth information with respect to the demand of the Counterpart Ministries and the Institutions from Indonesia that proposed the projects.
2. To compile the results of assessment in study report (in English)
4. To produce the recommendations the necessary and feasible input which shall be utilize for the success of the project.
The scope of the work of local expert with respect to the activities for the feasibility study of new project in IT Development & Good Governance field would comprise but not limited to the following:
a. To make questionnaires for demand survey or interviews with related government officials or persons.
b. Conduct demand surveys and/or interviews with the persons in the related Ministries and the Institutions.
c. To do As-Is analysis in detail with clear logical reasoning and references of quantitative data, if available
d. To devise a reasonable Time Plan
e. To make a better rational Budget Plan with clear criteria sources
f. The local expert is expected to attend the meeting with the Ministries and the Institutions which are the counterpart of this project
g. The local expert expects to provide technical supports to Deputy Country Director, Korean Experts in document and correspondence preparation and follow-ups.
h. The local expert expect to develop and finalize the existing project concept paper of the new project.
Other Suggested Work:
The Local expert also expected to do a daily meeting with the KOICA Team for further discussions of progress. Additional tasks can be required in case of internal needs
Consultant Fee is based on KOICA’s regulation and according to UN Local Expert Consultancy Fee Standard. *Specific details would be negotiated after the interview
1. Professional Degree: Preferably Master Degree in the relevant topic (International relations, Political Science, Public Administration, IT, etc.) and Certificate/License. Bachelor degree will be considered if supported by experiences and recommendation letter.
2. Appropriateness for the field, Experience in completing analysis on feasibility studies for development projects (At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated understanding in project planning and management).
4. A proven donor-funded experience, demonstrating detailed orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations and the ability to understand and effectively use information and data.
4. Strong writing skills in English, Language Proficiency (English and Local Language), etc.
5. Strong Personality: Dedicated, honest, motivated and loyal.
6. Health: Physically and Mentally Fit to do the field checking, Well Work Coordination, etc.
7. Other requirements: Extend knowledge and experienced of ODA Project is welcome but not essential, proficient of Microsoft Office (MS.Word, Power Point, Excel).