DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Assistant for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The location for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Assistant main task is to implement the project’s Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Plan. The officer will work mainly with the Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist.
She/ he will be in charge in coordinating with the regional offices for knowledge management and internal communication and also to produce articles, publications, and contents for the Project’s website, social media account, e-newsletter, etc. The candidate should have a strong background in knowledge management, organizational communication, and copywriting especially in English.
• Support Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist to implement communication, outreach, and knowledge management plan and revise the document as needed based on progress of project implementation.
• Responsible to maintain the project’s website and social media accounts and ensure the contents are regularly updated. Coordinate with staff at regional offices to ensure blog articles, trip reports, and other knowledge or publications are distributed. Writing and editing articles and other publications as needed.
• Support Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist to achieve indicators under Task 5: Project Documentation and Coordination. Coordinate with Executing Agency Liaison Officer to organize routine meeting between technical team and USAID APIK, and organize lessons learned-sharing event targeted for other USAID projects, donor institutions, and other target audiences.
• Support Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant to ensure all knowledge and publications are uploaded to the Project’s TAMIS and recorded on deliverables/ publications tracker.
• Support on identifying and producing success stories, lessons learned in written, audio-visual, or other types of publications.
• Support to ensure effective and well-maintained internal communication with three regional offices.
• Responsible to maintain database of stakeholders and media contacts.
• Degree in communication, journalism or other relevant field.
• Three years of experience working in communication, outreach, and knowledge management.
• Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects focused on the environment, climate change adaptation, and disaster risk reduction and preparedness will be an advantage.
• Experience on implementation of communication and outreach strategy.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent skills on writing and copywriting, especially in English.
• Used to work with fast-paced environment and can-do attitude to meet deadline without sacrificing quality.
• Advance skills in social media marketing and analytics.
• Creative and good sense of visual to convey message effectively to target audience. Skills on design and layout software will be advantage.
Base of Operations:
• Jakarta, Indonesia
• Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Assistant will report to Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist.
Interested applicants are invited to send CV and portfolio of articles or link to blog or other publications to apik_recruitment@DAI.com by 31 December 2016 at the latest. Please indicate “COKM Assistant – NAME” as the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The DAI email disclaimer can be found at http://www.dai.com/disclaimer.