Regional Manager East Java
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
The Regional Manager will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in implementing interventions to strengthen capacity for climate and disaster resilience at the community level. He or she will provide strategic and technical guidance to lead the regional team’s activities. He or she will be responsible for developing the regional workplan for his/her team and will coordinate with the other members of the regional team to implement day-to-day activities efficiently and effectively.
The location for this position is Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
Summary of Primary Duties
· The Regional Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Manage Regional field office and oversee the core group of technical and administrative staff;
· Lead development and implementation of APIK’s workplan in regional landscapes and districts, and provide required capacity building support and technical oversight to field coordinators;
· Build and manage relationships with sub-national government, civil society, and private sector actors, and ensure coordination with relevant USAID and donor-funded programs;
· Support the finalization of the district selection process at the sub-national level, including organizing district climate working groups and conducting stakeholder consultations;
· Oversee the development, implementation, monitoring, and close-out of each activity in the region and provide a feedback loop on all technical and operational matters to the Jakarta office.
- Support as needed survey teams and survey administration protocols.
· At least 8 years relevant experience in development or business
· At least 5 years relevant experience in climate change adaptation or disaster risk reduction
· Prior experience providing targeted assistance to facilitate improved climate change awareness and preparedness,
· Experience in staff management, budget monitoring, and program monitoring and evaluation
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in relevant field
· Previous work experience in Southeast Sulawesi preferred
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and report writing skills
· Conversational English and Bahasa Indonesia
· The East Java Regional Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications no later than 3 January 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “Regional Manager (EJ) Application – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The DAI email disclaimer can be found at http://www.dai.com/disclaimer.