‘Planning, Learning and Accountability (PLA) Manager’
Responsible to coordinate and implement all program Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities of VECO Indonesia and manage the PLA team. Organize data collection, analyze data and produce reports and continuously improve the PLA system and the methodologies employed. Based in our Regional Office in Denpasar, Bali.
Specific Responsibilities :
1. Ensure the quality of the data and information. Store, analyze and synthesize the collected information.
2. Analysis of field data on technical and organizational issues.
3. Support the Programme Director, Sector Managers and Field Staff, in coordinating the overall activities.
4. Compliance: produce regular reports on request of donors and ensure timely submission of reports (incl. update of report formats.
5. Provide reliable data andinformation for strategic program development and program planning.
6. Identify and document best practices in the reports and share them with the Publication Coordinator for dissemination and in-depth documentation for studies
7. Conduct regular field visits.
8. Manage and improve the Partner and Programme Database.
9. Organize program PLA training/workshops for all staffs and partners.
10. Develop, implement and improve VECO’s PLA systems and adjust guidelines and manuals accordingly.
11. Make sure that the VECO Indonesia’s PLA system is in line and compatible with the VECO International PLA system. This includes design and/or adaptation of methodologies/tools for local setting.
12. Organize data collection processes in coordination with the Sector Managers and Field Officers
13. Represent VECO Indonesia in the international PLA-team and engage in the international PLA-work
14. Manage and provide guidance to the PLA-team members.
Key Competences and qualifications:
1. At least 5 years experience in research, monitoring & evaluation and knowledge management.
2. Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Rural Development,Knowledge Management or equivalent.
3. Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, including Participatory Rapid Assessment, Action Research, Case Study, etc.
4. Understanding of PLA tools such as Outcome Mapping, Sensemaker, Link Methodology, Theory of Change and Significant Change.
6. Participatory learning methods.
7. Knowledge Management.
8. Affinity with rural development and sustainable agriculture.
9. Good understanding of sustainability, gender-sensitive research methods and youth.
1. Design of surveys and qualitative studies.
2. Data collection with standardized and non-standardized instruments.
3. Data processing with Excel, Access, SQL databases.
4. Design, implementation and evaluation of Participatory Assessments.
5. Facilitate focus group discussions and other group monitoring and learning processes.
6. Report writing (in Bahasa Indonesia and English).
7. Design of gender-sensitive research methods and generation of gender-disaggregated data and reports.
8. Administration and Documentation.
1. Excellent proficiency in English (speaking and writing).
2. Good computer operation skills: Word, PowerPoint
3. Good communication skills to engage with various actors: VECO Indonesia and International team, partners, donors, governments.
4. Skills in managing people.
To maintain a good gender balance in our team we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter before 28 December 2016 to: VECO Indonesia, Jl. Badak Agung X No 22, Sumerta Kelod, Denpasar, Bali, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.