The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
PRODUCT MARKETING SPECIALIST (JOB CODE : PMS-JKT) based in Jakarta Office
The Specialist will work under the direction of the National Coordinator Microfinance and IUWASH PLUS BC/Marketing Advisor for the Product Marketing activities under project’s Component 1, and directing all WASH product marketing activities described in the project’s scope of work. These include those related to:
- Increasing household demand for WASH product and services;
- Facilitating a robust market for household WASH products and services to the poorest and most vulnerable; and
- Expanding poor-inclusive approaches to increase WASH service provision.
The primary objective of the Product Marketing Specialist position is to prepare, implement, monitor and report on IUWASH PLUS WASH Product Marketing activities, in line with approved project targets, especially supporting the poorest 40% of the urban population. Specifically, S/He will act as Specialist for WASH Product Marketing activities to support the IUWASH PLUS Project’s achievement of increasing demand of WASH product and services, and facilitating a robust market for household WASH product and services under Component One: “Improving Households WASH Services”.
The Product Marketing Specialist will coordinate the overall IUWASH PLUS WASH Product Marketing of both the IUWASH PLUS regions as well as with stakeholders at national level. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Creating market based approach to ensure sustainable WASH business and access to WASH products, in close coordination with other specialist under Component 3 (Strengthening the WASH financing environment).
- Develop WASH product positioning and messaging that differentiates IUWASH Plus WASH product among target market
- Develop and communicate value proposition of WASH products to BC/Marketing
- Develop marketing tools that support selling process of WASH products
- Able to develop and manage strategy to drive demand for WASH products
- Providing technical input on the development of BC/Marketing strategy
- Coordinate and support IUWASH PLUS Regional programs on WASH Marketing Product through:
Providing overall technical and strategic guidance in the implementation of all activities related to WASH Products Marketing
Preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans
Monitoring and Reporting of WASH Products Marketing, in all IUWASH PLUS locations, in line with approved project proposals and budgets, including SOW for field activities implemented by regional teams (STTA, events, subcontracts, trainings, exchange visits, etc.)
Maintaining regular contact with Regional BC/Marketing Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers, National Coordinator Microfinance and the BC/Marketing Advisor on priority technical issues.
- Coordinate and support IUWASH PLUS activities with National stakeholders on WASH Marketing Product:
Identify and liaison with and support of national and international stakeholders, who are (or will be) involved in the implementation of WASH Product Marketing
WASH Products Marketing activities in IUWASH target areas. This includes the compilation of a network of WASH products producers, distributors and other stakeholders
Documenting lessons learned on the implementation of WASH Product Marketing and share to National stakeholders as well as to regional BC/Marketing Specialist, other specialist under Component 1 and with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 2, Strengthening City and Districts WASH Institutional Strengthening; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
- Ensure strong linkages between WASH products marketing programs and activities of Component 1 with other programs and activities in the same Component, as well as with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 2, Strengthening City and Districts WASH Institutional Strengthening; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
- Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation Fund to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
- In conjunction with the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, develop monitoring tool to assess the quality and effectiveness of IUWASH PLUS interventions in the area of WASH Products Marketing and to monitor the overall access increase under the implementation of IUWASH PLUS as required by the IUWASH PLUS Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
· WASH product marketing Strategy
· WASH product marketing Training
· Input related to the above for IUWASH biweekly, quarterly, annual and other reports as well as work plans.
· Accurate data in accordance with the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP)
· Technical reports, articles and other publications related to the above.
Posting & Reporting Relationships
The Product Marketing Specialist will be based in the IUWASH PLUS National Office in Jakarta, with periodic visits to all IUWASH working locations. S/He can be requested by DAI and/or USAID, to travel outside Indonesia for official duties.
· 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 3 years in senior level and 1 years’ experience in a customer facing/interaction experience
· Advanced degree in business or marketing
· Strong written and communication skills
· Have extended experiences in consumer and marketing product development in private sector.
· Must have basic knowledge on WASH sector and productive poor community and its buying behavior
· Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
· Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
· Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date: Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.