CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
JOB TITLE : COMMUNICATION OFFICER
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROGRAM/PROSPER
REPORTS TO : EED MANAGER/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The Communication Officer has overall responsibility for implementing the various tasks of the communication sector of the project.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In principle, the Communication Officer responsibilities are:
• Engage with external resources as deemed necessary by the program,
• Produce high quality activity reports with clear narrative and photographic documentation, along with strong linkages with the program,
• Produce a project communication strategy document to ensure coordinated effort, sharing of information, and exchanging of experiences, and ensure implementation of the communication strategy,
• Support the program to devise and implement public information mechanisms for awareness-raising and promotion of CARE projects and activities in program communities and other relevant stakeholders,
• Respond to requests for information and act as spokesperson for the project team when appropriate,
• Produce high quality IEC materials for project activities in forms of text, audio, or visual materials in accordance to the communication strategy,
• Produce press release or statement papers as necessary,
• Develop and maintain project website, facebook page, or other media and create and facilitate other communication platforms as required,
• Provide various training related to communication (i.e. Communication techniques, ethics, writing skills, report writing, etc.)
• Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Communications, Social Science, or other related field;
• Minimum of three years' experience in community development works in Indonesia;
• Knowledge and/or experience of the asset based approach (appreciative inquiry) is desirable;
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills (Bahasa Indonesia) and fluency in English is required;
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, MIS, photo editing software, multimedia development, etc.);
• High attention to detail and has an orderly approach to tasks;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and follow-up where required;
• Ability to work in a team and under pressure: the position requires an individual who is flexible, work beyond working hours when required, learns quickly and displays initiative;
• Gender and cultural awareness and sensitivity required, and dedication to CARE's mission; and;
• NGO experience desirable.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Relocation cost will not be covered. Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position and base in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before January 17, 2017 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"