Senior Project Officer for ASEAN Foundation - SAP Joint Initiatives
Locally Recruited Staff – Level 3
Direct Report to
Term of Employment
This position is a non-ongoing position for an initial period of one (1) year starting in 2017, after which the position will be evaluated subject to organisation’s needs and regular performance review.
The Senior Project Officer is a post that works directly with one of ASEAN Foundation’s strategic partner, SAP. The post will also provide direct programmatic management support to ASEAN Foundation (20%) and SAP’s joint initiatives on Digital Literacy, ASEAN Academy Cube and ASEAN Social Entrepreneurship (80%). The post is based in Jakarta, Indonesia but with occasional travel to other project sites around ASEAN as deemed necessary.
The post is required to demonstrate experience in inclusive multi-stakeholder management, programme design and management, and monitoring and evaluation. Experience in corporate volunteerism and/or pro bono is a plus. The post reports to the Programme Manager of the ASEAN Foundation and works closely with multi-stakeholders from SAP to jointly execute on the success of identified initiatives.
The post plays a crucial role in delivering high quality SAP-sponsored initiatives and programme management tasks to deliver high-performing and effective programme and project implementation. Specific responsibilities in SAP-sponsored initiatives include: conduct data collection and management, ensure data quality, coordinate with ASEAN bodies and other partners for data collection and relate with SAP, manage Call for Application for Data Analytics competitions, manage regional event including its administration and logistics requirements. The general programme management tasks cover, among others, research for project development, develop project monitoring and evaluation tools, assess project financial and cash flow requirements, develop project financial planning and produce project reporting.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Internal (within Post)
· Executive Director
· Communications and Marketing Manager
· Head of Finance and Administration
· All staff of the Foundation.
External (outside Post)
· Main contacts in SAP
· ASEAN Secretariat and other ASEAN organs
· Partners related to the SAP-sponsored initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities
- Management of SAP-sponsored Initiatives (80%)
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of ASEAN Foundation – SAP’s joint initiatives, and will be the primary liaison between the ASEAN Foundation and SAP;
- Coordinate with SAP Team in portfolio strategy, design and implementation of the initiatives;
- Carry out data collection and management for Data Analytics competitions and ensure high quality data provision;
- Coordinate with ASEAN bodies and other partners for data collection;
- Manage Call for Application for Data Analytics competitions and support strategy for recruitment of the competitions’ participants;
- Manage the administration and logistics aspects of national and regional events;
- In consultation with the Programme Manager, responsible for developing quality work plans;
- Ensure that the initiatives are implemented on time, on budget and meet stakeholders’ needs and deliver targets as specified in the work plan;
- Write project reports and interpret financial documents to the reports;
- Represent ASEAN Foundation and SAP with travel to targeted countries for initiatives’ preparation and implementation as needed;
- In coordination with the Communications and Marketing Manager, support efforts to communicate about the initiatives to external stakeholders;
- Other responsibilities related to the ASEAN Foundation – SAP joint programmes as needed.
- Supporting Tasks for ASEAN Foundation’s Programme Management (20%)
- Support the Programme Manager in conducting research for developing new projects in thematic areas of Education and Community Building;
- Collate information and prepare for presentations and keynote speech/remarks as well as prepare for Board of Trustees (BoT) meeting papers and document the meeting;
- Support in collating high quality data and information for project reporting types including regular narrative and financial reporting to donors as well as Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) reporting;
- Work with/ guide the Programme Officers in reviewing budget proposals of partners, grantees and sub-contractors and ensuring project implementation’s administration and logistical activities are carried out as planned, efficiently and effectively;
- Support the Communications and Marketing Manager in developing communication and promotional products used to communicate about the initiatives to external stakeholders including media and broader audience;
- Support in preparing financial statements/reports to various bilateral, multilateral and private-sector donors to ensure compliance with contractual and legal requirements;
- Collate/analyse and report on actual and planned monthly expenditure, interpret and communicate with the Programme Manager, advise of variance against approved budgets, and make recommendations for corrective action;
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Administration Team of the ASEAN Foundation, including maintaining administration and logistical aspects of projects such as preparation of events, financial documentations, contact database, etc.
- Education and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Social Development or relevant fields including Education and Social Sciences;
- A minimum of six (6) years of working experience in social development project management in any international development organisations or donor organisations or four (4) years of working experience in the same area for postgraduate degree;
- Proven experiences in Research and Grant Management in international development organisations or international donors.
- Possess Information, Communication and Technology (ITC) background either by formal education or by training and courses;
- An event management generalist with proven track record in managing or arranging project events.
- Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Proven experience in strategic and programme planning processes;
- Strong writing and organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures;
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills;
- Comfort with managing diverse tasks simultaneously;
- Emerging market work experience, ability to demonstrate commitment to creating opportunities for improved lives and livelihoods;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and digital media;
- Skills in employing media and publication development tools.
- Experience working in a virtual setting with a regional team;
- Knowledge of or experience with global pro bono programmes or other volunteer programmes;
- Knowledge of or experience in a CSR department of a multinational corporation;
- Knowledge of another ASEAN language other than Bahasa Indonesia;
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%.
- Personal Qualities
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to work with partners and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner;
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the ASEAN Foundation, and this includes effective representation skills;
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, reliable, able to follow through on tasks, able to work within systems and procedures, open to learning, able to work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Has the ability to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner;
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts; and
- Well-planned and organised even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A lump sum monthly salary will be provided commensurate with the qualification and experience.
- All interested applicants to send application, stating the post with the following documents to recruitment@
aseanfoundation.org – a) application letter, b) curriculum vitae and salary history and expected salary. Please see our post vacancy at our website:
Deadline for Application
- 31 January 2017