Swisscontact (www.swisscontact.org), the Swiss non-profit organisation engaged in co-operation for private sector development, will implement the Regional Tourism Development Program – WISATA Phase II as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The program aims at increasing competitiveness of selected tourism destination in order to create income and job opportunities for the local population in the tourism sector.
For program activities in Denpasar – Bali, Swisscontact is looking for enthusiastic and independent professionals in the following field of expertise: Program Officer for Media & Events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating tasks and activities related to media
- Responsible for coordinating tasks and activities related to national and international events
- Responsible for setting up/maintaining social media accounts and their activity across new media channels (daily post/tweets to all applicable social media channels), developing content for posting on all designated social media outlets, monitoring online presences/perceptions, researching new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, reporting “chatter” and other relevant online data, and maintaining posting schedules
- Team player and leader with strong communicational, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English, excellent computer skills (MS office);
- Minimum of three years working in the same field. Especially experience in tourism/hospitality sector;
- Working experience within a development organization/NGO or similar experience preferred;
- University degree in relevant field of study (those lacking the stated educational requirements but having an excellent track record are encouraged to apply);
- Interest in development work and eco-tourism;
- Excellent work ethic, self-starter and flexibility in schedule, strong interpersonal skills, pro-active, independent, assertiveness;
- Background experiences dealing with small-medium enterprises as well as community involvement;
- Practical experiences with project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Preferred applicants from the local area (Central Kalimantan);
- Willing to relocate to Pangkalan Bun, Central Kalimantan for selected applicants who are not residing in Central Kalimantan.
Contact usWe can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and the opportunity to play a vital role in the project. If you are interested in joining our team where your talent will impact the project outcomes, please apply by 8 January 2017, to id.recruitment-wisata2@